Case 1835c Skid Steer Any Good

CaseChev

I am looking at a Case 1835c skid steer coming up in an auction soon. It is an older 1988 model with gas engine. Right now I have a 1968 Case 530 tractor with a loader for doing misc. projects around a small acreage. I also have a forklift for inside our big building. Have thought about a skid steer for small odd jobs and snow removal.
What should I look for and what are the pros and cons. Thanks

Other than the normal stuff. Oil leaks, has it been greased regularly, runs smooth, Ect. With the bucket on the ground raise the front wheels off the ground & then get out of the cab & rotate the right & left front wheels forward & backward. That will tell you how much play is in the chain that drives the wheels (the chain is enclosed in the frame) Also check to see if it tracks straight if the levers are all the way forward or backward. (or does it creep a little to the left or the right).

I was thinking in the same line as you. The one I saw in my price line has a Perkins diesel in it. I was wondering if the 1835 ever came out with a Perkins, or has it been repowered?

I don't have any other diesel equipment or stuff including my truck, so I was really happy to see this one was gas. Not sure of the history and origin of diesels in these units.

I think the 1835 Case skid loader has the Renault gas engine and it always seemed underpowered compared to the 1845 gas which had the Case tractor engine. Probably ok if you keep it at full throttle. Check both hydro's in both directions. Wheel bearings and chain drives are adjustable and separate from hydraulics ,but are prone to get water in each side case.

I bought a New Case 1835 or 1835c skidloader in 1988, it had a continential gas engine. I was putting 500 hrs a year on it and was hard to start in cold weather. Traded for a new Case 1840 with Cummins diesel. Those Case loaders are tough.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back