Class I three point hitch specs?

Fawteen

Grandson just traded for a new John Deere 3039R and the 3 point travel isn't what it should be. If he adjusts the lift arm links long enough to get the tiller in the ground, he can't lift it high enough to get it on the trailer without dragging. Conversely, if he adjusts them short to lift it enough to get it on the trailer, he can't get it into the ground.

I understand that approach angle has a lot to do with it, but it sure seems to me like the lift arm travel distance is too short, possibly due to issues with the rockshaft. Before he takes it back to the dealer (again...) it'd be nice to know what it's supposed to be.

On my Kubota B2650 the lowered position is 8 inches from ground to center of the eye on the lift arm, and 27 inches in the raised position.

Looking at the Operator's Manual download from the DeereTechPubs site, it has a ''limited category 1 hitch''.

Probably the arms are shorter than the old classic ''N'' Fords that the Category I spec derived from and don't swing over as wide of an arc up and down.

The O.M. gives guidance as to which of the three attaching holes for the top link to use for various implements, with the middle hole being suggested for tillers, giving some forward angling as the tiller lifts. (It involves draft, as well, when OPERATING the equipment.)

Perhaps moving the link to the lower hole for transport would give enough additional forward tilt to help in loading?

Without any thing on the 3pt, have it raised up, if you can't lift it anymore, then that's just the way it is. If you can lift it by hand more than yes dealer problem. Does the manual say anything?

(quoted from post at 14:09:51 04/11/23)
Looking at the Operator's Manual download from the DeereTechPubs site, it has a ''limited category 1 hitch''.

Probably the arms are shorter than the old classic ''N'' Fords that the Category I spec derived from and don't swing over as wide of an arc up and down.

The O.M. gives guidance as to which of the three attaching holes for the top link to use for various implements, with the middle hole being suggested for tillers, giving some forward angling as the tiller lifts. (It involves draft, as well, when OPERATING the equipment.)

Perhaps moving the link to the lower hole for transport would give enough additional forward tilt to help in loading?
Key word is, ''[u:1147af347e]limited[/u:1147af347e] category 1 hitch''.
Ford 8N is 8.5 to 34.25 (25.75 travel).

On some of those smaller tractors there is a different set of mounting holes were the lift links actually hook to the arms. Maybe needs to be adjusted in the other setting? Would a different length top link make a difference?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back