Continental Z-134 Oil pump rebuilding issue.

TwinDad

I'm rebuilding the engine in our MF 2200 forklift. The oil pan had about an inch of sludge in it so figured I would rebuild the oil pump. I got a new swash plate and a rebuild set for it. I put all the new components in it however it binds up with the new gears. I pulled the new gear out and put in one of the old gears and now it's nice and smooth. I haven't buttoned it back up yet because I wanted to see if that was alright together, or if someone had an idea of what I need to do to help the new gears work? Also having some issues getting the aluminum gear and shaft tapped. I got a bottom tap on order so hopefully I'll get that taken care of soon. Thanks for you help,

TwinDad

I made some measurements and it looks like the new gear is around 0.003" bigger than the old gear. The old gear has about 0.003" clearance on the side. Not sure which is suction and which is pressure. The gear on the shaft has about 0.0015" clearance. Checking with a feelers gauge. Thanks

Wanted to update for anyone who might be reading this in the future. The engine is now running and idles with around 25-30 psi of oil pressure. So no issues so far in replacing just the one gear.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back