Debris in bottom hole of injection pump?

I took this injection pump off a 310-B JD backhoe Here is the ID tag info:

Roosa Master
JD8331MD2406 2500
Model 1490843

AR-49904

I timed pump and engaged position as manual states to put in engaged position for removal.

I removed this screw and there was a bunch of small to curls of this rubber type material in this hole. In the meantime Ill try to find out what this material was from.

This fastener was also dripping diesel considerably and thats why I removed pump. I couldnt remove fastener on engine because fastener would hit block of engine.

Engine ran awesome aside from dripping diesel.
mvphoto72713.jpg

mvphoto72714.jpg

mvphoto72715.jpg

mvphoto72716.jpg

mvphoto72717.jpg

That's normal whenever that bolt is removed, the top O ring gets torn in the fuel passage hole to the advance piston. That bolt SHOULD be replaced, the top Allen end bolt
is NOT to be removed..

(quoted from post at 17:16:11 03/31/21) That's normal whenever that bolt is removed, the top O ring gets torn in the fuel passage hole to the advance piston. That bolt SHOULD be replaced, the top Allen end bolt
is NOT to be removed..

Thank you.

(quoted from post at 14:28:51 03/31/21)

If you don't have a friendly diesel pump shop nearby your John Deere dealer can get all the parts, I've linked the parts catalog section for that specific pump below. The screw assembly is part #AR51712, nla from DEERE, but they can get you one from Parts Depot, the O-rings may come with it, otherwise the O-rings are #T11899 and the outlet fitting washers are #T20055.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search/type/parts/equipment/82996/term/AR49904

(quoted from post at 03:49:23 04/01/21)
(quoted from post at 14:28:51 03/31/21)

If you don't have a friendly diesel pump shop nearby your John Deere dealer can get all the parts, I've linked the parts catalog section for that specific pump below. The screw assembly is part #AR51712, nla from DEERE, but they can get you one from Parts Depot, the O-rings may come with it, otherwise the O-rings are #T11899 and the outlet fitting washers are #T20055.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/search/type/parts/equipment/82996/term/AR49904

Thank you

(quoted from post at 17:16:11 03/31/21) That's normal whenever that bolt is removed, the top O ring gets torn in the fuel passage hole to the advance piston. That bolt SHOULD be replaced, the top Allen end bolt
is NOT to be removed..

I'm using tweezers to remove pieces of seal from inside the hole that the bolt came out of. Is their a good way of rinsing hole out? I wonder if any rubber seal pieces were forced into tiny holes in sides of round hole when I removed bolt? Is there away to say use a syringe to push diesel into top of pump to make sure no debris inthe tiny side holes?

among things I found:

http://www.stanadyne.com/dealerportal/ssi/english/Product%20Manual/99834.pdf

That 12 pt fastener bottom of page 11.1 is 180-220 in lbs.

Banj bolts for injector lines on pump in service manual for 310 backhoe is 240 in lbs.

Finally have all the parts to put pump back on. I'll post how it went. Thanks for all the help!

Hello Mr. Diesel Tech,

I have the same exact pump I think 310-A Backhoe. Yesterday when I switched it off it slowed down but kept running. I switched it back on and it resumed the speed it was running before I switched it off. I switched it off again and it slowed down but kept running like the first time. The 3rd time I let it sit there and run, and it switched off after a bit. Cranks quickly, runs very good no leaks at all. Has plenty of power. what do you think?

Thanks in advance;
Boowah

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back