Diesel Injector tester

Your local John Deere dealer or local diesel pump service shop.. They have a hand pump test stand to check your nozzles..

Your local John Deere dealer or local diesel pump service shop.. They have a hand pump test stand to check your nozzles..

That's if the JD dealer still has it and someone that knows how to use it. Stuff like that anymore is like "what's this?". "I don't know, just toss it".

I have an old Bacharach tester I use a few times each week, an oldie but still works well. The pencil injectors need a special adapter though. Most common injectors are one of three tread sizes, 9/16 X 18 inch Ermeto on older injectors, M12 X 1.5 and M14 X 1.5 metric thread.

I have an old Bacharach tester I use a few times each week, an oldie but still works well. The pencil injectors need a special adapter though. Most common injectors are one of three tread sizes, 9/16 X 18 inch Ermeto on older injectors, M12 X 1.5 and M14 X 1.5 metric thread.

I also have one of those from our dealership but it lost its prime and have not figured out how to get it reprimed

I also have one of those from our dealership but it lost its prime and have not figured out how to get it reprimed
I have an old Bacharach, as well. If a good 'ol American unit can't readily be found there's LOTS of imported injector pop testers on Amazon, with seemingly good reviews at low prices,

Your 2510 has the cheap ones. You have to decide if it’s worth even messing with the tester they can be found brand new for less than 150 a set. They sell them here and at John Deere for a bit more. SE500822 is the reman number which will cross to a AR89564 which you will have better luck cross referencing even though it’s not listed under a 2510. It is my personal belief that that tester needs only to be found or in this case made to function if going after those big fat injectors in a early 4010 that are considerably more expensive or something like that. The price goes up there for a narrow window and then drops back down to about 60 a piece for a 4440 style. You certainly can do what you want and my dad himself wanted his 4440 ones redone from 1980 with new tip and new guts spent 500 bucks but if you are looking at the financial side as a way to justify a pop off tester without being an injection shop it’s a difficult sell. It’s even difficult to sell the time spent borrowing it for the case of the 2510

The china clones are best to be tested. I have a pop tester and it is very useful to adjust opening pressures,checking injectors,etc.... i just bought a tractor that had "injectors changed " according to the previous owner, but none of them was good, one was stuck.

The china clones are best to be tested. I have a pop tester and it is very useful to adjust opening pressures,checking injectors,etc.... i just bought a tractor that had "injectors changed " according to the previous owner, but none of them was good, one was stuck.
To each his own. I’m just saying in 14 years of putting them in just about everything under the sun I’ve never come to the conclusion that I needed one. Even the worst Chinesium garbage ones I’ve never had to pull them back off. It was cool to light the vapor cloud on fire in the tech school classroom and see the pattern and verify popoff pressure once but after that nah leave it be in the corner and fix 2 things instead of spending half a day at 1.

With the low cost for aftermarket JD pencil injectors I can see just tossing in new ones verses spending a few minutes with a cheap tester, but spending a little time replacing $30 tips verses paying $100 plus for rebuilt injectors will pay for a cheap pop tester pretty quick

With the low cost for aftermarket JD pencil injectors I can see just tossing in new ones verses spending a few minutes with a cheap tester, but spending a little time replacing $30 tips verses paying $100 plus for rebuilt injectors will pay for a cheap pop tester pretty quick
There are some aftermarket pencil injectors that have a short life span, I've seen some crack at the braze joint that need replacing again. I'll only handle new Stanadyne even though they cost more as they have a much better reputation than the no name, no part number marking aftermarket injectors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back