Factory Batteries

Today I bought a new battery for my DC. On the drive back home I got to thinking.. I wonder who provided the battery for the Case Racine works in the 1950's? Would it have been Delco? Autolite? or some other name brand? I am certain that unlike my new one it didn't come from Sears. Funny the things we wonder about while driving.

I think the original operators manuals shows an Excide in the pictures. but I don't what they were shipped with.

The manuals show a DELCO tar-top in the VAC tractors, but that was Rock Island. My VAC came with a 6V Delco tar-top that was made from 1955-1958. I figure that it was its second battery.

When I was a kid, 50s, We had a really neat Case sales display stand that displayed the common EXIDE Bats that case offered. The stand had a trickle charger in it for 6V bats. they came dry charged and we had to add acid, and then they went on the display, and kept fully charged for the customer who needed a bat. ready to start his tractor. The display stand had little lights in it to varify that each bat was charged and ready to go. There were nifty little button shaped wire ends that sliped down on the posts, rather than aligator clips, so you couldn't screw up polarity.
Loren

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back