First corn in tassel

tomstractorsandtoys

Neighbor has a field of corn just starting to tassel. First field in the area to do so. My early corn looks a about a week away and my late corn is about 6 inches high. Southwest WI. Tom

Nothing here tasseled yet but the heat just before July 4 got a lot of it closer than the corn was in June. Maybe some has tasseled south of Rochester on the Genesee River flats. I have not been over that way since spring crops got planted.

Neighbors field was just showing a few tassels when we went to town. Came back 3 hours later & I could see way more of it tasseled in mid Mn.

Just a few tassels poking up here in my part of NWIA. Lots of corn has that tassel leaf sticking up so I would guess in a week we will be over 50% tasseled in this area. I am guessing we are a week to ten days behind the normal tassel date.

Early corn here in south central PA typically tassels around July 4th. You can generally plant corn into early July here and expect it to dent before a frost. So, it isn't uncommon to see a field of corn that has tasseled and right beside it a field that is only a few inches tall, field corn, not sweet corn.

Update, some field corn in Missouri is starting to tassle.
Posted on tractor tales earlier that west central Illinois corn almost all tassled. DOUG

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back