Ford 5000 Coolant spitting out

Lol... torque to 95 pounds cold, plus middle out pattern. Valve set to 15" intake, .018" exhaust ... What's so mechanical is there to it? Lol... I paid 4k for the tractor, I'm not going to pay another 5k to have it pro fix.

You need to go back and retorque the head
95 lb is the first torque, then torque again at 100 lbs, then again at 105 lbs, the next model year’s torque was increased to 110 lbs
Once you’ve reached max torque go back over it 2-3 times to make sure all bolts are at torque
Then adjust the valves
Hopefully you haven’t already damaged the head gasket
A few dollars for a I&T manual for your tractor is well worth the cost, to many bad utube video’s out there to fully trust the content

You need to go back and retorque the head
95 lb is the first torque, then torque again at 100 lbs, then again at 105 lbs, the next model year’s torque was increased to 110 lbs
Once you’ve reached max torque go back over it 2-3 times to make sure all bolts are at torque
Then adjust the valves
Hopefully you haven’t already damaged the head gasket
A few dollars for a I&T manual for your tractor is well worth the cost, to many bad utube video’s out there to fully trust the content
Thanks, I'll save your info and retorque it like you say.

With the radiator hose getting skinny it sounds like your problem is in the radiator and its not allowing the water to freely flow out the bottom. Do you have a local radiator shop with an hot tank? If yes, I would take the radiator off and have them put it through their hot tank for a good cleaning. I'd also buy new radiator hoses.
According to the radiator shop I took mine to, they said the EPA had banned the hot tanks years ago. Too many stray metals that don't get disposed of properly. What I thought was their hot tank was just a test tank.

According to the radiator shop I took mine to, they said the EPA had banned the hot tanks years ago. Too many stray metals that don't get disposed of properly. What I thought was their hot tank was just a test tank.
There's a radiator shop in York, PA that still runs a hot tank. I had them repair a hole in the gas tank on my Oliver 550 a couple weeks ago. They ran it through their hot tank before repairing the hole.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back