Ford Jubilee plow question

Cybball

New User
I have a 53 Golden Jubilee. I installed a PTO overdrive clutch for a brush hog. I recently bought a Ferguson 2 bottom plow. I hooked it up yesterday for the first time to move it into the shop to do some work on it.
I saw when I lowered the plow that the plow frame is hitting about an inch of the PTO overdrive clutch shaft. I’m hoping to not have to remove the clutch. Any way to make an adjustment to have the plow set back a little more?
I’m new to all of this so very appreciated.

That might have to be pulled off unless you want to lengthen the arms or do something of that nature. Not too many plows would have been used with the pto hooked up

This isn’t with the pto hooked up. It’s just the overdrive clutch. That does extend the pto shaft. Back then, they weren’t using a clutch so probably not an issue originally.
I could just remove the clutch but like having when I will be brush hogging.

Pto clutch attaches with a roll pin. I would have to unscrew both grease zerks and punch the roll pin out. It isn’t made to quickly unhook it which would make it easy.

Pto clutch attaches with a roll pin. I would have to unscrew both grease zerks and punch the roll pin out. It isn’t made to quickly unhook it which would make it easy.
It might be possible to adapt it so it is. Roll pins can usually be a grade 8 bolt and the zerks I’m having trouble imagining removal issues I guess a picture might be worth a thousand words in this case like he said

Doesn't sound right, the plow should be behind the lift arms. Need pics to understand what plow you have on there. I can use anything and everything and never have to remove the OR clutch on my N, shouldn't be any difference on a Jubilee as all the implements interchange.

I have a 53 Golden Jubilee. I installed a PTO overdrive clutch for a brush hog. I recently bought a Ferguson 2 bottom plow. I hooked it up yesterday for the first time to move it into the shop to do some work on it.
I saw when I lowered the plow that the plow frame is hitting about an inch of the PTO overdrive clutch shaft. I’m hoping to not have to remove the clutch. Any way to make an adjustment to have the plow set back a little more?
I use to have to remove the overrunning clutch on a 8N to get that clearance. Same deal I accepted it and moved on with life.

I use to have to remove the overrunning clutch on a 8N to get that clearance. Same deal I accepted it and moved on with life.
i will get some pics soon. Sounds like you had this situation. I may have to take it off to plow, then reinstall. Sucks but I won’t plow more than once a season.

As others have said you will need to remove the ORC (over running clutch).
If you had known ...
You can buy an ORC that you just push a button to remove it.

Attachments

• s-l500__53722.jpg
    s-l500__53722.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 17
I just ordered the removable clutch. Problem solved, hopefully.
I suspect the end of the new quick release ORC you have ordered will extend rearward farther than your current one that pins on. Check and verify this and if true be SURE that the PTO shaft on your rotary cutter is not now too long, meaning it cannot collapse enough under certain conditions, IF it "bottoms out" damage can happen to the tractor's PTO shaft rear bearing and/or the gearbox on the rotary cutter. I'm NOR saying that this will necessarily happen, but better to check than be sorry!

You don't use an ORC with a bottom plow. The device was only recently developed 20 years ago and never a FORD feature. It is a universal device designed to control forward motion from inertia used mostly on mowers and brush hogs. Advise you get these manuals and learn more before operating.

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD TRACTOR DRAFT CONTROL & POSITION CONTROL LEVER.jpg
    FORD TRACTOR DRAFT CONTROL & POSITION CONTROL LEVER.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 22
  • FORD 9N PLOW MANUAL.jpg
    FORD 9N PLOW MANUAL.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • FORD 9N & 2N INSTRUCTION MANUAL.jpg
    FORD 9N & 2N INSTRUCTION MANUAL.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 26
  • FORD 9N & 2N SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    FORD 9N & 2N SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 26
  • FORD TRACTOR MPC - 1939 - 1953.jpg
    FORD TRACTOR MPC - 1939 - 1953.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
  • I&T F0-4 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    I&T F0-4 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Mad Farmer
Don't forget...

Unlike the N Series, an NAA/Jubilee has Live Hydraulics so the pto shaft doesn't need to be turning in order to raise the 3 point.

So no safety issue there. You rarely see a post 1952 Ford with the cap on the pto shaft unless it is a trailer queen at a show or something..

Mad Farmer
Don't forget...

Unlike the N Series, an NAA/Jubilee has Live Hydraulics so the pto shaft doesn't need to be turning in order to raise the 3 point.

So no safety issue there. You rarely see a post 1952 Ford with the cap on the pto shaft unless it is a trailer queen at a show or something..

It keeps crap out of the seal and off the shaft splines.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back