Jubilee Implements

Hello there. I have a 1953 Golden Jubilee that has served me well, but I would like to add some implements to it. I currently have a brush hog and a rear blade, but I could really use a front loader and a
front plow. I wouldn't mind having something for tilling up soil for a small food plot, but the loader for moving loose soil and a plow for snow are my highest priorities right now. Unfortunately, I am having
a heck of a time finding these implements. Does anyone have any leads on where I could track them down?

Thanks for your help.

I don't know how much help I'll be, but I think it would be a lot less work to just find another tractor that has a FEL on it. Try to find one that comes with tire chains too. Then all you need is a blade to replace the bucket with when you need it.
Other than that, search EBAY, Craigslist etc.

(quoted from post at 15:51:27 09/11/23) Hello there. I have a 1953 Golden Jubilee that has served me well, but I would like to add some implements to it. I currently have a brush hog and a rear blade, but I could really use a front loader and a
front plow. I wouldn't mind having something for tilling up soil for a small food plot, but the loader for moving loose soil and a plow for snow are my highest priorities right now. Unfortunately, I am having
a heck of a time finding these implements. Does anyone have any leads on where I could track them down?

Thanks for your help.

Plow is reasonable but the NAA is poor loader.tractor. If you want/need a loader start shopping for something newer with a loader. Go test drive something like this and you will be spoiled for life.

TOH

mvphoto109639.jpg

I'd say if you found a loader it wouldn't be a just bolt it on and go deal, probably worn out. When I wanted a loader I bought a tractor, a 2600 diesel with power steering and a brand new quick detach bush hog brand loader. If you have a tractor with a loader that doesn't detach you will find you will need 2 tractors.

Loaders are poor at snow removal, and you can move just about as much soil with a good wheelbarrow as the loader on an old Ford.

We have an old Ford 2N, and our son-in-law just brought us up a loader that came off of an old Massy tractor, which would fit our 2N. I've looked at the parts from that and tried to think of anything else that I could do with it, other than weigh down our perfect little 2N.

As far as food plots go, anything that requires tilling large areas to plant forage is good for seed dealers, equipment dealers, herbicide dealers.

I assume deer? Deer prefer chestnut leaves, shoots, bark and nuts over just about anything that you can plant. For all of the money you would spend on annually managing a food plot... you could plant acres of chestnut (or... pick another type of tree that they like... I'm not doing this as an ad for the American Chestnut Society...)

You could get a nice little post hole digger for your NAA and go out to drill in a bunch of cheap little trees, or plant them from nuts... mulberry, chestnut, apple... and you can use your bush hog to mow around them. Invest in some protection for the trees that you want to protect to maturity... let the deer nibble on the extras... circle of life, you know?

Twenty years from now? You have a deer silvopasture ;-)

We did just get an old homemade 3pt hitch boom lift at a retired farmer auction... we tested that out on our 2N...it was kinda handy.

Lifts things when it's on the tractor.

Uses the existing hydraulics.

Removes/Installs faster than I just typed this response.

backblades? box blades? york rakes? also decent for moving dirt around and stuff...and compatible with a little old ford

I've been using my Jubilee for 20 years here on the farm, and it is my favorite of 4 different sized tractors. I bought it as a semi-rusted relic that needed some repair, but it included a nice Woods 72 rear mount and most of all a front mount snow plow and the rare front hydraulic attachment to operate the plow.

Another very useful implement, at least until I got a small tractor with a front loader, was a reversible trip bucket or pond scoop. You can do much of what a loader does, except lift it very high. I used it to dig dirt, move sand and gravel, recover and spread gravel washed down a ditch from heavy rain and so forth. It just mounts to the 3-point hitch and they are very reasonable.

=Vic=

Unless youre talking about a manure bucket thats
narrower than the front wheels, a tractor/ loader is quite
effective at moving snow.

I would be a hypocrite if I said that I disagreed completely. We use a loader to move snow on our farm, but it's a modern loader with down pressure, float, powered tilt and dump... on a tractor that has 4wd and a reverser.

We used to have a ford 4000, 2wd, with a loader, it did have active tilt, but no downpressure. Without chains and weights, it was a big old white elephant... I used it, because I had it for the farm, but it wasn't much faster than just using a walk-behind snowblower.

Now...take a step back in technology to a jubilee and the types of loaders that are available... almost never have down pressure... often use "trip" mechanisms for tilt, so you have no adjustment of the tilt...and you have to put the bucket down to reset the trip...

Then, couple that with old, clunky transmissions, where you have to reach down between your legs, while clutching to shift forward and reverse... couple that with reverse speeds that put the Millenium Falcon to shame... I'll pass.

These are great little tractors for light field work, mowing, pulling wagons around...efficient little generator runners, if you have a PTO generator.

But their hydraulic capability, maneuverability and such make them poor loader tractors. Especially if you don't have the aux pump on the front.

BUT... if I had an N or a Jubilee with a loader already... of course I would move snow with it...what I'm saying is, I wouldn't go out of my way to convert an N, or a Jubilee or tractors of that vintage to a loader tractor to move snow.

PS...even with modern tractors and loaders... Edge Tamers are your friend, especially on our gravel driveways.

This post was edited by lastcowboy32 on 09/20/2023 at 12:14 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back