Ford Plow Help

tmiller

Picked up this ford plow for a pretty good deal, was wondering what model it is because I would like to buy new points for it becasue both points on it now are broke off. They are the flat style points not like a dearborn plow so I imagine I would be able to buy them somewhere?

Thank you in advance for the help!
101_1806_zpsmpdrzs9g.jpg

Hope you do know that plow is not complete...

The Landing Lever is entirely Missing...

You could start getting that RUST off it...I prefer to use a 4 1/2" Angle Grinder with the Thin Cut-off wheel to do this..(Wear a Mask & Safety Glasses).

Just make yourself comfortable and hold the Thin Cut-Off wheel at about a 30 Degree angle to the Steel and move it like you would a Putty Knife...takes all the rust off easily, right to the Black Oxide under the rust and that will Scour off when you go to plow...

Keep it oiled if stored Inside, if outside I oil lightly and Spray a good coat of Cheap Enamel over the oil to hold it in place and keep moisture away..and that works well...
Otherwise, you can smear a good coat of Grease on the wearing parts. If being stored and not used, I would Spray a coat of Enamel right over the Grease to make the protection last for years...

Ron..

OK, looking at the picture a second time, I do see the Landing lever turned back ..

But the rest of my last post still aplies..
Ron.

If you can't get the right lathes for that plow, a John Deere 14-3 will work. The holes will be mismatched by about 1/8 inch so one bolt will go in a bit crooked but will work.

101 ford, you can get shins shares land sides and mold boards for it, I did all of those except the moldboards, in '12 and it was less than $200. Pay attention the bolts, I was careful to record what each was so when I went to the local temco dealer who has these wear parts and bolts in stock, could give me the correct ones, worked out well but there is also an Oliver share that will work on these, but the Ford type fits better, you can tell by the joints, I have photos of that somewhere. Also pay attention to the frog, which is what the shares attach to, sometimes people do not change the shares and or shins before the frog starts to wear, the leading edges of these wear parts should project beyond the frog, if not they are worn, and need to be replaced.

if you can not find all the proper levers, etc to bring your plow back to original condition.

you might be able to repair the crossbar with this type adjustment stop.

I borrow my friends 101 plow from time to time, it does a good job, follows the tractor well, it has the same crossbar adjustment as the one in the picture.
a225618.jpg

As stated a ford 101 plow. It's a 16" with mechanical spring trip. I just picked up shares for my 101 14" from Agri supply. They should also have for the 16"
As stated you will have to add a piece of angle iron and an adjustment bolt. see Wellmax photo below the 101 sticker.
His plow is a 14" manual trip. Which mean when it trips the shear pin breaks and you will have to get off the tractor and reset the bottom and replace the pin. With your spring trip plow all you do is back up and the spring resets the plow bottom.
I have rocky soil and if you do I would strongly suggest you made sure the spring is adjusted properly so you don't break the new shares the first time out. Basically farmer got almost all the rocks out and then set them on the strongest setting so it was hard to trip. After time they rusted in place so even if you go with a lighter setting the rust may prevent it from tripping.
I have a 2 bottom 14 mechanical spring trip and 3 bottom 16" manual trip and when I got them had to open them up and clean the rust to get them to trip.
If you need the 101 manual send me an email and I'll send you a link for a free download.
Here is what the inside looks like

Kirk
100_4250_zpsxuv9hvtw.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back