Ford tractor with SN#= BNO40

Ironmike

New User
So I have stripped the motor down and it looks like I need new piston, rings, valves, etc. The block does not have sleeves but after honing them the bore seems to be fine. The Pistons are stamped .083 on the top and measure 3 1/4 also they do have a groove on the lower skirt maybe some sort of exhaust ring.
My question is, how do I know what kit to order everytime I try to look them up I can never find that serial number. Any help would be appreciated.

It's doubtful you have early 8N040. That number is already taken in the roster. Do you see a STAR (*) Symbol prefix and suffix in the s/n? No? It's not an 8N. I'd say
you have a Ford-Ferguson BNO Moto-Tug block, possibly a refurbished TUG. Does it show signs it is a 9N or an 8N? TUG was built on a 9N chassis and engine and did not
have a PTO. There were two models of Moto-Tugs; the BNO-25 and the BNO-40. Since parts were swapped out often, engine blocks especially, you probably have a BNO-40
block that got swallowed up in a revamp campaign. The N-Series block used a 3-3/16 Bore and steel sleeves were .040 and later cast iron in 1951 with the diamond
symbol and FORD never looked back. I'd advise to take your block to a reliable shop and let them do the work and get the correct parts.

FORD-FERGUSON MOTO-TUG MANUAL:
rMbJfykl.jpg

HENRY FORD II DEMONSTRATES THE NEW MOTO-TUG, APRIL 1943:
reBrj9Rl.jpg

Tim Daley (MI)

mvphoto105169.jpg

I don t see any symbols or prefixes
It does have a PTO (small diameter)
the rear end says 2N on it
Hopefully my picture uploaded

That is the oversize that you get when pulling thin sleeves and just running in block. Use to see a bunch of them 50/40 years ago. We had them bored for thick sleeves. went back with 3 3/16 pistons.

mvphoto105169.jpg

I don t see any symbols or prefixes
It does have a PTO (small diameter)
the rear end says 2N on it
Hopefully my picture uploaded

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back