front loader lift capacity for 8n?

paulatclf

I hope this is an easy question to answer--what is the weight capacity of an 8n with a ford front end loader. Assume everything is in good shape, and rear counterweights are installed. Also--I'd like to put forks on the front instead of the bucket, can I subtract the weight of the bucket and add it to total lift capacity?

Lift capacity is going to depend on hyd gpm and cyl size, and geometry of the lifting frame... and ultimately, the front end and tire weight limits.

kinda like asking "how much water will fit in a bucket?"

( what size bucket ? ) IE.. we need more info.

What ford loader are you refering to? how's it plumbed? does it have oem cyls? etc..

Soundguy

Soundguy,
I want to remove the bucket, and install forks instead. I don't need the bucket because I only need to move pallets that weigh abiout 1600lbs.
I have 1200lbs of pie weights for the rear.
thanks!

In general, yes, if you remove a bucket and install forks, you can add the negative difference to lift weight. IE.. if your bucket weighed 400# and the forks weight 200#, then with the forks you can lift 200# more than the bucket.. etc.

Wow.. I'd be leary of moving 1600# on an 8n front end.

I have a 722 loader.. and while it has 3000# breakout.. it's max lift is 1200#.. mind you it is a 1-arm loader.. but still.. 1600# up front as a whole lot on a 8n...

soundguy

I don"t know if this helps, the operators manual for my Ford 703 loader (1962) has a part number for a kit to mount it on the 8n. The capacity is listed as 2500 lbs breakaway and 1200 lbs load at full lift. The unit is listed as weighing 825 lbs, which includes the 360 lbs six foot wide material bucket.

Warren

I would say lifting 1600lbs would be very hard on the front end and you will probably be buying spinles a lot because thats just to much for the front end. Plus you will be lucky if you can turn a corner with it with that type of weight up front
Hobby farm

you would be crazy to try to lift 1600# with a 8n. even if you lifted it you couldn't turn and would be very easy to upset. not to mention your poor old front end. I can barely lift that much with my 1850 oliver with a westindorf loader

I could put 1200 lbs of shingles on the roof when I built my house with my Jubilee but it was very hard on the spindles. I went through a few before I was done with the project, I can see why they beefed them up on later models.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back