Got to love lowes

Geo-TH,In

After 2 years lowes protection plan gave me a full refund plus taxes for my whirlpool washer that lost the tranny. Said it was too expensive to repair.

Decided on a GE washer. List for $550. Lowes had a 10% off sale. Home depot had a 20% off sale for the same washer. I took HD's ad to lowes, they matched price and gave me another 10%. Bottom line, I got new washer for $9 more than what I paid for the whirlpool two years ago.

I also spent another $99 for the 5 year extended protection plan. Without the protection plan, I would had gotten nothing for my 2 year old whirlpool. BTW, sears sells the same GE and they want $260 for their 5 year protection plan plus $69 delivery. Lowes is free delivery.

Got to love lowes. When I went to pay for washer lowes wanted my phone #. I gave it to her and she had to take a double take at the computer screen thinking there was a mistake. I told her I was a landlord and I Lowes had deliver many things to different addresses.

I know there are some who hate lowes. After my recient experience, I've become Lowes biggest fan.
George

"I got new washer for $9 more than what I paid for the whirlpool two years ago."

Well, good for them and a better than usual outcome for you.

But you are still out the time, aggravation, and whatever travel time/mileage it took to make this happen!

You would THINK a major appliance should last more than a year or two!

Compared to our local Deep Homo, Blowes is like Heaven!

We had both briefly, but the market wasn't large enough to support two Big Box outfits so Lowes folded their tent. Too bad, I was impressed.

I wouldn't buy lumber at either place, but they were great for tools, hardware, paint and about everything else. Lowes was much friendlier and service-oriented, and had a standing 10% discount for military. I was sad to see them leave.

The good new was, the competition smartened Home Depot up for a while, but they're slipping back into their old ways again.

Lowes has done things for me that I could not believe. I used to shop equally between Lowes and Home Depot.
Sad that Home Depot was much closer to me but their moral values are below my standards. Lowes may have similar values but they don't express it. Haven't been in HD for about two years!
I just finished building a 65 X 14 outdoor deck and bought all materials from Lowes.

BOB,
Yes, You would THINK a major appliance should last more than a year or two!

Two years ago I was a life time fan of whirlpool, no longer.

The major source of aggravation was finding a machine that wasn't connected to whirlpool.

GE was the only one that was in my price range and it had to be sold by lowes, because my refund credit was a lowes gift card.

Washing machine will be delivered Sunday morning. Hope it lasts, if not dies before my 5 year protection plan expires.

George

I like Lowes RIGHT NOW Im in the RV at a Wal Mart where I spent the night in Texarkana and I turn on the computer and a Lowes Free Wi Fi connection shows up they are located right next to Wal Mart so Im on the net yayyyyyyyyyyyy

Gotta love Lowes

John T

I am one of the haters. I shop there some. But I hate em all !!!

Hate Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes. The stores are too big, I hate having to load my own lumber in a damned cart and wheeling it all over. I hate the dumb employees who dont know a drill from a post hole digger. I hate having to return something and go through all the rig-a-ma-roll. I hate going out to the Menards "yard" after purchaceing an item to find their are only 4 in stock and they are all crooked, cracked, or have huge knots that have fallen out (a recent 12' handrail purchase for deck steps). So then you only recourse, since you have already paid for the item, is to go back, park, go back in and have to go to customer service to get your money back cause they had none of the product that was usable, and you have already paid. And I could go on and on with problems I have had.

But they drive off the mom and pop lumber yards and this is all we are left with.

Gene

Going East or West? Just came across Amarillo, 287 down to Wichita Falls, 82 out to New Boston pretty good road and something different from that trip across Oklahoma.

You got to use a washer for 2 years and all it cost you was the $99 for the extended protection plan. That is $50 a year. Cheep if you ask me.

With that in mind I think I would have bought another inferior whirlpool washer. So what if it breaks in 2 or 3 years. You gona get another one for the cost of the extended protection plan that you lost no matter what happens.

One has to also wonder.......
If Lowes can do all this and still stay in business; How much are the other retailers ripping you off.

Sears gave me a free 40 gallon gas water heater
to replace a Survivor water heater that had a 20 year warranty. It lasted 19 years before leaking.

I'm sure glad I had the old receipt. The lady from Sears told me to keep the old receipt if this water heater fails I'll get another free water heater. They're around $600.00. Hal

I buy most of my lumber products from the local yard because they go with you to pick out material you want and either load it for you or help. They don't like credit cards so if you don't pay that day they will send you a bill. It's worked the same way for years. Free delivery on larger orders and they have at least 6 trucks.

Do not remember if your a Vet or not but if you are that is another 10% discount. I would probably use Lowe's more my self but to go to either one it is at least a 50 mile round trip. Plus I have a friend who owns a reconditioned appliance shop. By the way still do not have a working timer on that fridge but set it to defrost twice a day for 10-15 minutes each time and it works just fine

John, You have to understand if Momma isn't happy, no one is happy. Momma hates the whrilpool auto sensing washer.

The GE we got is an old school washer. You set the water lever. It has an old school mechanical timer. No locking lid, so if you forget something, lift the lid and put it in. No more taking forever determining how much water to add. It would take up to an hour and half if not more, depending on settings to do a load. The whirlpool was a PBIA. I'll never buy another.

$50 a year sounds like a lot to me, but it is way better than getting nothing after just 2 years. Glad I had it and I also bought another one for the GE.

George

I have to replace the gas stove and refrigerator as after 14 years they are not functioning properly anymore here at the house.I have a 1950's era fridge downstairs for soda,wife's beer etc. Never had a lick of trouble with it.SWMBO is 3rd generation, in her family, to have it.They don't build them like they used to.

I was planning on checking out Lowes prices.

Vito

You would THINK a major appliance should last more than a year or two!

The average appliance does, but there's a reason they call it an AVERAGE.

Some last way longer than average. Some break down way sooner than average.

The only way to be 100% sure how long each appliance will last is to test it until it breaks. If you did that you wouldn't have any appliances left to sell.

In the past year both my hd & Lowes have refused to accept my state issued Veteran's Driver's license as proof of veteran's status but (Lowes) emailed me a corporate memo that states I have to be a current serving veteran, retired veteran, or a document from the VA(disabled?). I try to limit my visits to either of them now, but have little choices. Enjoy your privilege while you can...red tape is looking for you.

Gene,
"Hate Menards, Home Depot, and Lowes. The stores are too big."

Menards, HF, Sears, and Lowes are only a few miles away. I look at it that the glass is half full instead of half empty. Each store sells something cheaper and better than the other. I shop at all 4 and take advantage of their sales.

I love Menards rebate program. Free delivery for contractors, 2% refund on credit card purchases.
Lowes, is where I buy mower belts, dewalt tools, and appliances. Instant 5% off credit card purchases.
HF, is mostly junk, but has some items that other stores don't have and are good, like a 10 in circular saw blade sharpner. No hassle on returns.
Sears, love their 18 inch electric chainsaw. Instant 5% off credit card purchases.

I look for the good each store offers, not look for something to hate.
George

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back