Hose beat up my Dog!!!! LOL

JD Seller

The neighbor is having his hog manure pumped out of the pits under his barn. They are using a hose drag system. They where in a field directly behind the house last night. We have one dog that is mainly an out door dog other than late at night I bring him in or he barks at the moon, bugs, and etc. When I went to let him in last night he could barely get in the house. Both of his front feet/legs where chewed up pretty good and his neck and side had marks on them. He has/had 10-15 small holes spread out over him. The coyotes have really be active with this warm weather. So I thought that he had tangled with them.

Well this morning I got to looking him over closer. He is wearing one of those studded spike collars. My daughter bought it for him for some reason. The holes in his right front foot and side match the spacing exactly to the collar studs. So I thought he must have been ran over with a vehicle but he came in from the woods not the road last night. So I tracked his bloody prints. They led me right to the field where they where pumping. He must have been curious as to what they where doing. At times the loops of the drag hose will move suddenly and fast when they turn at the opposite end. I bet the dog was standing next to one of those loops and he could not move out of the way fast enough to miss the hose. Those hoses are Heavy when full of manure/liquid. This is a six inch drag hose too. So He got one of those hoses drug over him. It rolled him up in a ball around the hose. You can see how it did it after looking at him with that in mind. It looks like his front feet went under the hose and then it rolled up and over his neck while rolling him over on to his back. Then as the hose went down his belly his collar must have caught on the hose and it wrapped him around the hose again. This time with his feet next to that spiked collar. I took him to the Vet and they X-rayed the dog. He does not have any broken bones but is sprained up and sore.

So my better watch dog got beat up by a hose!!!! LOL

Spent a decent amount of time around those hoses, dragline is how they do all the dairys in northwest Indiana. Those hoses do move quick when the catch a kink and unwind never trust a hose that big

I second Ed will. The dog should be taken to a vet asap and given antibiotics. With 10-15 or more punctures his immune system is in for a fight especially with pig feces.

How can you stand the odor in the field without a gas mask. My grandfather never raised large numbers of hogs and when the wind shifted you sure could tell who was rearing a large number.

Not all hoses are vicious.
a208197.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back