Wednesday morning while waiting for my wife in the car who was shopping at Walley World I noticed I couldn't think of the right words to describe things. When she got to the car I asked her how old I was???? She at first thought I was kidding but the more I talked the more she wondered what was going on. We went from the store to my daughter's house to pick up something and while I was there I called her at work. When we got home in just a few minutes our other daughter who is an RN drove up and she and I started trying to assemble a new plasma cutter I had just received UPS. In just a few minutes she said that we were going to the emergency room. I knew I wasn't speaking right but just thought it was my usual absent mindedness???? When we got to the hospital they immediately took me to the emergency room and about five people started hooking me up to various machines etc and talking to me.
Turned out that I had experianced a mild stroke or TIA I think they called it. They ran all kinds of tests and finally decided not to give me any sort of treatment because it was such a mild event. I stayed two nights in the hospital for observation and my wife and daughters told me tha the first few hours I entertained the staff with my off the wall conversation. Told me that I told the spanish nurse that Guatamala should be nuked and re settled by real people! :O) I sure don't remember that one!!!!
I am about back to about as normal as I have ever been and that is a few bricks short of a load. Worst part of the whole ordeal is that I have to quit eating Chockolate brownies!!!!!! And caffene. They think I may have had some heart fibrillation and that it could have caused some plack to break off and go to what is left of my brain.
Gdtting old ain't for sissies!
Zane
Turned out that I had experianced a mild stroke or TIA I think they called it. They ran all kinds of tests and finally decided not to give me any sort of treatment because it was such a mild event. I stayed two nights in the hospital for observation and my wife and daughters told me tha the first few hours I entertained the staff with my off the wall conversation. Told me that I told the spanish nurse that Guatamala should be nuked and re settled by real people! :O) I sure don't remember that one!!!!
I am about back to about as normal as I have ever been and that is a few bricks short of a load. Worst part of the whole ordeal is that I have to quit eating Chockolate brownies!!!!!! And caffene. They think I may have had some heart fibrillation and that it could have caused some plack to break off and go to what is left of my brain.
Gdtting old ain't for sissies!
Zane