I got it back, Desk top update

guido

Opened the case up, and nothing looked burned. I plugged the power cord in, nothing. I took a voltage reading inside the case l-1 to l-2 0 volts. L1 to ground 120V ?

Unplugged the power cord and checked for continuity between l-1, on both sides of the case good! I checked for continuity on l-2 open!

HA! A closer look at the l-2 lug it looked ok. I then cleaned the lug the best I could. Plugged it in and it came on.

Sure did like loosing power while on sleep mode, but I got it back. I am posting my reply with it now.

First one on me!....

Thanks for all the suggestions
Guido.

Well done Guido !

Occam's razor :
" When everything else has been eliminated, whatever is left , no matter how improbable, must be the solution " .

> Occam's razor :
> When everything else has been eliminated, whatever is left , no matter how improbable, must be the solution .

Umm, that's not Occam's Razor, Charles. It came from Arthur Conan Doyle/Sherlock Holmes.

Another old saw I've found that applies to troubleshooting is 'Correlation does not imply causation.' Just because something starts working again doesn't mean you fixed whatever was broken.

I had a similar problem. The cord was good

cvphoto147874.jpg

Where the plug attached was bad.
I did a simple repair, wired around the plug.

Geo mine was just dirty. First one on me. If it happens again, I know where to go.

Simple fix,

Guido.

Hey Charles,

Actually was not that hard to find.

It took longer to take the top off,
and verify zero voltage to the
power supply.

Guido.

UncleTom,

Yep! thanks. Most people here must think that this is my first rodeo.......NOT!,

Started turning wrenches before most people on this board were ever born....1961

Guido.

(quoted from post at 11:49:53 02/19/23) UncleTom,

Yep! thanks. Most people here must think that this is my first rodeo.......NOT!,

Started turning wrenches before most people on this board were ever born....1961

Guido.

I guess I'm not in the category of Most people, as I graduated from HS before that.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back