Implements and hydraulics

I have 2 implements so far for my Ferguson TEA 20. A Ferguson 2 furrow bottom plow, and what I've determined is a Dearborn 2R cultivator.I had obtained this tractor in a trade and wasn't running when got it, not saying it didn't run but I didn't hear it run and my uncle I got it from said it ran but wouldn't stay running (probably due to old fuel etc).
I've cleaned the carburetor, reconnected the disconnected governor link,put a new fuel/sediment bowl on, cleaned the vent hole in the fuel tank cap and now it runs much better. In addition my hydraulics did work when i got it fer a bit then for some unapparent reason quit working. I found out why when I removed the pump, must have had old oil in it and probably condensation (dunno how water would get into oil)but the valve chambers had broken apparently due to water in oil and freezing. I wound up obtaining a complete used pump from a salvage yard. it seems replacement valve chambers are available and it's indicated that some grinding of pump housing is necessary when using replacement valve chambers but noting ids indicated as to where exactly. Well I attempted to install this working pump from this salvage Ferguson tractor, but it wouldn't go. No matter what I tried it just wouldn't wiggle in like my original did. I tried swapping out the valve chambers to my pump as well still no go. I had the bright idea to attempt using JB Weld on the broken parts hoping it would work as they claim people have used it to fix cracked engine blocks, what the heck it's worth a try. Well that attempt failed when one after the other each valve chambers blew apart. So now I had no choice but to investigate further why the pump either one didn't fit.I eventually had to go the full route remove the top cover while attempting to install the pump from below so I could view from the top where it was hanging up and I found our pretty easily where. MY original pump appeared to have some grinding done near the front upper curve of the pump housing where it goes over the drive line while the salvaged pump appeared untouched. So I got it back out from under the tractor placed a few rags over it and ground out some more on the upper front curve of the pump housing, attempted to install with the swapped out valve chambers and voila it slipped right in. Sheesh after all my fiddling around it finally went it in and now hydraulics work just as they should.I just have to find out how to adjust and or keep lever in a stable position so it's not dropping to the ground or creeping up to the top. Another project among others now is to get the charging system working whether 6v or convert to 12v. Now I can finally use my little tractor for more stuff around the property including practicing for and to enter a plowing competition.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back