JD 1020 W/ 37 Loader

Weissman4

My loader on my 1020 seems a pretty week (I know these loaders aren’t real strong.). I was thinking about changing the 2 spool valve out and putting a new one on. Any suggestions or help would be great!

My loader on my 1020 seems a pretty week (I know these loaders aren’t real strong.). I was thinking about changing the 2 spool valve out and putting a new one on. Any suggestions or help would be great!
What leads you to believe the "pretty week" issue is related to the control valve?

Tractor hydraulic psi and flow should be checked.

If that checks out, IF the loader valve has a pressure relief valve that is set too low or damaged that would be the only likely way for the valve to make the loader "week", IMHO.

I’m going to check that first, but the up and down valve has a lot of slop to it and it doesn’t seem smooth like my tilt on my bucket which has plenty of power.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back