Does a John Deere B run slow enough for a rototiller and does it have enough horses to run a five foot tiller?

Thanks in advance.

Only if the tiller is self powered, to go slow enough the tractor must be idled down, then no PTO RPM. Jim

It depends on what vintage of B you're talking about. The late model 6-speed B does have a relatively slow first gear compared to many antique tractors, about 1.5 mph. This is about the same as a Deere M and I have run a tiller on an M. But, it would only be workable in mellow, previously broken ground. Based on my experience I'd say that the lack of a live PTO isn't a problem at all when operating a tiller - you don't want to run the tiller when you're not moving anyway since doing so will make your ground really uneven.

No offense, but that would be one one the last tractors I would try to put a tiller on. Im sure it could be done. But a lot of headaches.

I believe a 1951 JD B has the necessary low gear speed. The 51 B dad bought could barely handle the 2-16 plow in sod. Leo

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back