Jetstar 3 3-Point Hitch load (lifting) capacity?

I have a 1967 Jetstar 3 that I use for open field weed mowing. For years, I have been using a Woods 6-foot-wide single-spindle rotary mower. I want to upgrade to an 8-foot-wide, dual-spindle rotary mower
(Woods DS8.30) with two trail wheels and approximate published weight of 1425-1500 pounds. Just "looking" at the new mower, it "looks" like it might be too heavy for my 3-point hitch to lift, although it IS
rated for a Cat 2 hitch and matches my tractor and PTO HP specs. I have no idea what my older 6-foot mower weighs (it's 20 years old), but the newer ones look like they are better-built, with heavier
components.

ANY and ALL advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

I checked my owners manual and sales brochure. Neither of them list a 3 point capacity. Knowing what I have lifted with the 3 point of mine, I think it will do it. Probably going to really push the tractor around and be very light on the front end when up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back