John Deere 1020 PTO Brake Band

BretSteed

I have a 1020 that needs a PTO brake band. Part number is RE43393 (AT29686) John Deere wants $800 for the part. I have had success with A&I aftermarket parts, but they do not offer this part. Any suggestions or should I just bite the bullet and get the Deere part. I’m not really interested in any other aftermarket companies other than A&I. Every time I’ve strayed away from A&I or genuine Deere it seems that I’ve just thrown my money away for useless parts that “almost” fit.

Try the YT parent company All States Ag Parts 855-530-1460. If they have one available ask them if they will pay return shipping and charge no restock if it does not fit. Otherwise, don your green underwear grab you $800 and jump onboard the loping Deere train! Believe me Fiat is beyond astonishingly proud of plenty of parts they offer for their older tractor lines. I do see a used one available from another source, there is that option.

I agree. Crane and rigging companies have service needs with brake bands every day. Asking about relining shops is easy and could cost 20% of the JD price. Jim
I have the same issue with my pto brake band as well. You mentioned having it relined. My lining came un-bonded. Is there a way to glue it back on or who could I contact to have it repaired?

I have the same issue with my pto brake band as well. You mentioned having it relined. My lining came un-bonded. Is there a way to glue it back on or who could I contact to have it repaired?
I doubt very much that the old, oil-soaked lining can be successfully re-attached, but a shop like Jim mentioned could very likely have a source for new lining material at a reasonable price, crane repair or cutch and brake and "industrial friction sort of place. You'll have to do some searching as to what may be in your area or a place to send it to.

I doubt very much that the old, oil-soaked lining can be successfully re-attached, but a shop like Jim mentioned could very likely have a source for new lining material at a reasonable price, crane repair or cutch and brake and "industrial friction sort of place. You'll have to do some searching as to what may be in your area or a place to send it to.
I ended up buying a new one from Deere…. Cost a ton but works like a champ now. Was costly, but was very simple to fix. Rebuilt the clutch pack as well while I was there.

If the PTO brake friction material has de-bonded . The wheel brakes may also be deteriorating from contaminated oil or the incorrect oil .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back