John Deere 310A No hydraulics will not move

I have a John Deere 310A backhoe loader that will not move and has no functioning hydraulics. It started out acting like the clutch was "slipping" and then a few days later it quit moving altogether but the loader and backhoe still functioned. Now all hydraulics have quit as well. Here is everything that I have tried so far.
- Removed and replaced both hydraulic filters
- Removed and cleaned sump screen
- Inspected relief valve in filter housing
- Checked transmission oil pressure at the bottom of the reverser test port. At fast idle I am getting 90 psi when the reverser is in neutral. If it is in Forward or Reverse it drops to 0. Even when the trans pump pressure is 90 psi no hydraulics will function. Does anyone have any ideas or know what I can do? The pressure comes up to 90 psi slowly even at fast idle. Thank you in advance for all your help.

From the slipping to now no drive, sounds as if the engine clutch may be slipping. Pull the starter and look for a good amount of clutch
dust/pieces parts from the facing. Last one I had repaired, was similar. Started slipping in higher gears to nearly no drive at all in any gear.
May be time to split the tractor and look that clutch over. If you have to get in there , look the input shaft over real well. the splines wear
to the disk and will eventually will strip the center of the clutch disk out over time.. I have a time saving fix if the input shaft needs to be
changed. Usually you will need to remove the reverser to change that input shaft as the clutch operating lever inside the clutch housing won't
pull out far enough to clear the reverser front cover. Engineers , Gotta Love 'Em..

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back