Kioti tractors

Tom N OH

Anyone have any experience with Kioti tractors? I may have a chance to buy one & have no personal knowledge as to reliability, parts availability, etc.

TIA

The early stuff was a little rough around the edges, but tough. The newer tractors have been great for the guys I know that have them. Course a good dealer close by helps.

(quoted from post at 13:36:49 10/02/14) Anyone have any experience with Kioti tractors? I may have a chance to buy one & have no personal knowledge as to reliability, parts availability, etc.

Neighbor has one.Don't know what model it is.Has a loader and hoe on it. I've seen it work and all works good.He keeps it busy and well maintained.Hes had "0" problems with it.

TIA

We've had a few dealers come and go. I think there is now one about 60ish miles from where I live and they seem to be doing OK - though I've never set foot in the place.

A buddy of mine bought one years ago and at that time the wrap on his model (and I forget which one) was the clutch was a bit light for loader work. As far as I know, he bales hay and does other farm chores with it and I know of no problems. His might even have a Perkins engine in it - can't remember.

As far as parts availability down the road - don't really know. My perception is that the major players, like JD, MF, CaseIH/New Holland will have parts support for a long time. That was a consideration recently when I bought my JD. I guess I'm not the typical tractor buyer. This JD needs to out last me and when my boys are my age, they need to be able to get parts/service. The other side of the coin is online (via forum) vs dealer support. Don't know how many Kioti tractors are around, but my guess is the model sales lag in comparison to MF, JD, etc. What that translates to me is - if I've got a problem, probably someone else has had it and much reading on the internet can yield some answers. That too was a consideration in buying the JD.

However.....

I should think if you are resourceful and can figure out things, the Kioti might be a good tractor to have and whatever support issues might lay ahead, you can overcome them - by hook or crook. While dealer parts and support is a nice carrot, it doesn't always play out that way. In my own experience, online support - just plain reading and asking questions has yielded much more info and parts sources than some of the dealers I've dealt with over the years. I truly support a good dealer, even if the price is some higher, but if they are a bunch of dingbats, it's got to be a have-too to spend any of my time and $$$'s with them.

Good luck in your decision, let us know how it goes!

Bill

Bought a 2004 DK 55 in 2005 with 200 hours on it. So far no problems. It has mostly for using the loader for firewood and handling logs, but have made square bales of hay with it, and done a little tillage. It is comfortable and operator friendly. It is not a hydro. There was a factory recall on the front axle, contacted the dealer, and the improvements were made. So far no problems. I wish it was a thousand pounds heavier in the rear mainly because of the slopes where I use it, but it is a little heavier than similar sized tractors built at the time.

Parts & service support is necessary however if you buy something (especially something small) from the big three it's pretty common for it to be made by someone else overseas and when the overseas manufacturer goes belly up so does your parts supply then the big three often don't like to remember they sold those at one time.

I have a Kioti LK2554 and like it. I have had it for 5 years, and it was used when I got it. It's an older model that is gear driven. I am also in Ohio, and have not had a problem getting parts. I personally don't think you can go wrong with one. They are on par with all of the other brands of compact tractors.

(quoted from post at 01:46:19 10/03/14) Parts & service support is necessary however if you buy something (especially something small) from the big three it's pretty common for it to be made by someone else overseas and when the overseas manufacturer goes belly up so does your parts supply then the big three often don't like to remember they sold those at one time.

I don't think you will have a problem with some of those manufacturers going "belly up". They are huge industrial concerns that make all sorts of equipment, engines ships, electronics, etc. Ones like Daedong Industrial (who makes Kioti), Mahindra, TYM, Kubota, Yanmar, LS Cable, Mitsubishi... Google them and you'll be surprised just how large some of them are, how long they have been in business and how globally they operate. I'd be more worried about the "domestic" makers and what effect our government and tax policies would have on them. They don't have to stay here to be world players and sell here.

Getting parts is another story, my impression is that farmers in other countries don't plan on and don't expect tractors to last for generations, they are a tool , they use them up and get another one. In the mean time there are several new models being produced, they don't seem to stick with the old models for very long. Not so sure that isn't the strategy of the domestics as they seem to crank out a dizzying array of new models.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back