Lost a great farmer.

jm.

This little one horse county of 26,000 had a kid graduate from high school about 30 years ago. He messed with cows, farmed. Got into custom rolling hay and spreading lime. Over the last 30 years he helped about ever farmer in the county and some several counties over. He really got to be a big operator but was one of those humble guys that did not know the word NO. If you called he came no matter how late or what ever. Was a big boy about 300lb and about 8 months ago he lost his appetite . He was told he had cancer and was not much they could do. He did go to Houston and stayed down there for a spell but couple weeks ago they sent him home and told him it was pretty much over. He went to the cemetery picked out a plot on the highest hill, got his will in order, had the minister over and told him what to say. At 2pm today we laid one fine fellow to rest. His simple message was "I could have been better" "Yall love your neighbor" and Vince Gill singing go rest high on the mountain. I think half the county was there , most fitting service I have ever attended. RIP Jerry Lemonds Guess we are all headed there but sure came too early for this fine fellow.

I know how you feel. We lost a big grinning guy like that a year ago. He'd take a can of milk in each hand and curl them right in to the truck in his younger days. He milked cows right up til he passed away at the age of 68. Same kind of deal,the doctor told him to go home,there was nothing they could do. He lasted a week.

Always sad to lose the good ones. Just went to the funeral of our neighbor, but at 96 she was ready to go. She's the one who taught my wife to make "outhouse lime" pickles and all kinds of other stuff. Her husband of 72 years died about five years ago. He showed me the easy way to pick wild blackberries, pick the right tree for firewood, etc. We will sure miss Ralph & Rosella around here.

Just lost a farmer here a few day ago. He was 76 and was working on his planter in his shop and slipped on some oil whether on the planter or on the floor. Fell and hit his head on the floor. Died five days later. Was a good size farmer for his age, What ever he was doing you always seen his wife with him.

We lost one around here about a year ago. His health had gotten really bad some years before after a bout of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, and he was forced to slow down some. My understanding, he had gone to the doctor for some other testing, and was told he had cancer and about 6 months to live. In the time since his death I have talked to quite a few people, in all different walks of life who had known him at some point. None ever had a bad word to say about the man. RIP Jerry Linker.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back