Lost my hearing aid.

37 chief

I was using my blower today. To keep my hearing aid out of the dust, I took my one good one off, and set it on the front tire of my tractor where I would be sure to see it. That didn't work out as planned. My other hearing aid is out for repair. Now I have none. My wife says now you can't hear me. I told her to talk louder, and only when it's important. That didn't go over well. Stan

A few years ago my wife lost hers. She layed them on the arm of the chair. When she got they fell and the dog ate them. She told me what happened and I said no problem look in the yard in the morning. That did not go over at all

Chief, I aslo wear a pair of hearing aids. I'm going to you use your line only on important things with my wife. Please pray for me.

Look into a pair of Audien Atom Pro. They work and are much less than you might expect. They are un affected by glasses or helmets!! Jim

I expect that will happen to me eventually.

The hydro trans on my Cabota has a very piercing (and loud!) whine so I wear muffs whenever I'm using it. Muffs over aids doesn't make any sense, so I'm very careful to tuck them in a buttoned shirt pocket or take them off and leave them in the house.

Same goes when working with grinders and such in the shop, except I have a little box beside my toolbox for paper and pencils and my hearing aids and phone go in there when I'm working in the shop.

More than once, I've gotten to the house and realized I've left one or both in the shop...

Man at church was telling me the ones he got at Sams are the best he ever had, moderately priced, he is in control of them through his phone.

I lost one last week, it was 7 years old and had some problems anyway so it wasn't a large loss. A new one cost $900 at Costco. I found a pair of used ones on eBay for $90, going to give them a try. Won't have them for a couple days.

I have ear protection for target practice.
It has noise cancelation.
Works well inside the cab of my Kubota.
I can hear the radio and the muffs eliminate tractor noise..

I have been through a lot and spent a lot on aids. Basically gave up. Recently I got an ad from MD Hearing Aids. A pair of Volt Series M plus accessories was $300 guaranteed. Decided to try them. Super aid and solves 3 problems I have always had.....batteries that need replacing, wind noise, and background noise when trying to listen to someone across the table. They solve all 3.....and the batteries are Li-Ion rechargables.....just set them in the recharger after use....blue light comes on when charging, green when finished.

I lost one the first day back from repair. We were skirting the travel trailer in the RV park and being the smallest frame person on the crew I had to crawl under to drive the track spikes. Had no idea where it was, even thought I could have lost it at the diner during lunch. Started raining so we knocked off for the day but Im looking for a grey h/a in wet grey gravel. Finally took two panels off skirting and belly crawled with flashlight under the trailer. There it was, I got lucky.

I've now got the same ones. They work good for me. Her dang cat ran off with my first pair. They gotta be behind a book case, under a dresser, or the old gal vaccummed them up.

Years back I had only HA and laying down taking a nap, I placed my HA on the floor under the sofa along with my glasses. Waking up the HA was gone!

Found it behind a nearby curio cabinet, a resident mouse had taken an interest in the HA. The mouse soon left this mortal coil all because of curiosity........

Another time carrying my little grandson sitting on my shouldlers, brused a HA off, spent hours looking in the grass where we were watching a combine harvest corn...no find...until I took my shirt off when going to bed....yep...tangled in my under shirt...whew! Leo

Lost one of mine after I walked out of the doctors office and took the mask off. i looked for twenty minutes, finally found it under someone's car. I don't remove the mask now until I get in the pickup. Also I take them out when I ride the motorcycle with a helmet. I got a recharge case with mine and keep them in my pocket.

I always need to watch carefully where i leave my hearing aids, cause my cat really likes them and she even chewed one before. Lucky me, i found hearing aid supplies online and ordered couple of extra domes, batteries and other accessories which help me to be ready for the situations like that and to don't waste couple of days without being able to hear someone

This post was edited by michakamp on 10/30/2022 at 01:05 am.

I saw in the news where the FDA has finally issued rules that will eliminate the requirements for a prescription in order to get certain hearing aids.
If you have low to moderate hearing loss you will now be able bypass a bunch of rigmarole and buy hearing aids "over the counter".
But they are saying it will still be a couple of years before we see any significant lower coast.
Until there is some more manufacturers getting into the market.

With all the things they can engineer a cellphone to do, you would think they could do the same with hearing aids for similar cost.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back