Lost my phone

super99

I have an I Phone and use a Otterbox cover and clip for my belt to carry it. I started wearing a back brace and with the phone on my belt, the brace won't go down far enough so I started carrying it in my shirt pocket. Today I drove an hour away from home to work on a Oliver super 88 that I bought from a friend. I used the phone in his shop while there. When done, I gathered up my tools and loaded them up and left. About a mile down the road I realized I didn't have my phone in my pocket so I turned around in a guys driveway and got out of the truck to check the passenger side for it, not there. I drove back and checked the shop for it, can't find it so I had Vince call me thinking I could hear it ring, nothing, then he called while I was by the pickup, still nothing. Wife and I have Find My Phone on both of our phones so the only option was to drive home, use her phone to find mine and go back and get it. Got home and tried her phone, can't find mine, Dang!! now what? I called our daughter, 1 1/2 hours away and told her what happened and she tried it on her phone and was able to find my phone. She sent me a text with a picture of where the phone was at, where I turned around and got out and looked for it. I called Vince with my wife's phone and told him where it was, so he drove down to look for it. He called and said he saw it laying in the guys driveway as he drove up . He said he would leave it inside to door to his shop so I could get it. So my VERY UPSET wife and I drove up and got it. I'll probably never hear the end of this! So much for the back brace, can't use it until I find a better way to carry my phone. It really sucks getting old!!

I have an I Phone and use a Otterbox cover and clip for my belt to carry it. I started wearing a back brace and with the phone on my belt, the brace won't go down far enough so I started carrying it in my shirt pocket. Today I drove an hour away from home to work on an Oliver super 88 that I bought from a friend. I used the phone in his shop while there. When done, I gathered up my tools and loaded them up and left. About a mile down the road I realized I didn't have my phone in my pocket so I turned around in a guys driveway and got out of the truck to check the passenger side for it, not there. I drove back and checked the shop for it, can't find it so I had Vince call me thinking I could hear it ring, nothing, then he called while I was by the pickup, still nothing. Wife and I have Find My Phone on both of our phones so the only option was to drive home, use her phone to find mine and go back and get it. Got home and tried her phone, can't find mine, Dang!! now what? I called our daughter, 1 1/2 hours away and told her what happened and she tried it on her phone and was able to find my phone. She sent me a text with a picture of where the phone was at, where I turned around and got out and looked for it. I called Vince with my wife's phone and told him where it was, so he drove down to look for it. He called and said he saw it laying in the guys driveway as he drove up . He said he would leave it inside to door to his shop so I could get it. So my VERY UPSET wife and I drove up and got it. I'll probably never hear the end of this! So much for the back brace, can't use it until I find a better way to carry my phone. It really sucks getting old!!
I work road construction as a heavy equipment operator. Years ago I tried a bunch of belt cell phone carriers. Seemed like they were always falling out of the holder and bouncing around in the cab of the machine. Worse was dozer work. If lucky when it came off my belt, bounced around on the floorboard I might see it before I ran it over. I now keep my phone in my right front pant pocket. Not the most comfortable but I know where it is.

I was on an ice road job and it was a nice winter morning on the north slope, 30 below! Anyways I had the door open on the dozer so I could see with all the snow and steam from the water swirling around. Somehow the phone got out of the cab and into the mix. Never saw it again, some caribou probably found it next breakup!

I was on an ice road job and it was a nice winter morning on the north slope, 30 below! Anyways I had the door open on the dozer so I could see with all the snow and steam from the water swirling around. Somehow the phone got out of the cab and into the mix. Never saw it again, some caribou probably found it next breaku
I was on an ice road job and it was a nice winter morning on the north slope, 30 below! Anyways I had the door open on the dozer so I could see with all the snow and steam from the water swirling around. Somehow the phone got out of the cab and into the mix. Never saw it again, some caribou probably found it next breakup!
Back in the early 90’s I had a beeper.one day I had to rope a calf from horseback so I put the beeper in my front pocket with the clip on the outside
back in the 90’s when I had a beeper I roped a calf from horseback once,when the rope got taut the beeper was bobbing on the rope halfway to the calf where it got hooked when I threw the rope

i carry mine in my shirt pocket for lots of years already. the shirts i wear has the phone right down inside the pocket. one experince i had couple years ago was i wore a different shirt where the phone dont quite fit right into it and was baling hay. got in at night and no phone. started thinking i bet i know where it fell out when i was working on baler. so went back to field and sure there it was sitting in the tractor track which i had actually drove over the phone. few cracks in the face but still using it, and kinda funny i am going into town in the morning to get my new one activated and stuff switched over. plus i can snap my button on the shirt pocket but never do that.

I've switched from a belt clip to my front pants pocket for my phone. Actually, I use one front pocket for my phone and the other for my wallet. I find it easy enough, keeps my wallet under control too.

I wear a back brace when working. So I slip the phone in under the wide elastic strap that wraps around and gets velcro'd to the main belt.

The wide elastic strap is wider than the phone is tall so none of the phone is exposed.

I have an I Phone and use a Otterbox cover and clip for my belt to carry it. I started wearing a back brace and with the phone on my belt, the brace won't go down far enough so I started carrying it in my shirt pocket. Today I drove an hour away from home to work on a Oliver super 88 that I bought from a friend. I used the phone in his shop while there. When done, I gathered up my tools and loaded them up and left. About a mile down the road I realized I didn't have my phone in my pocket so I turned around in a guys driveway and got out of the truck to check the passenger side for it, not there. I drove back and checked the shop for it, can't find it so I had Vince call me thinking I could hear it ring, nothing, then he called while I was by the pickup, still nothing. Wife and I have Find My Phone on both of our phones so the only option was to drive home, use her phone to find mine and go back and get it. Got home and tried her phone, can't find mine, Dang!! now what? I called our daughter, 1 1/2 hours away and told her what happened and she tried it on her phone and was able to find my phone. She sent me a text with a picture of where the phone was at, where I turned around and got out and looked for it. I called Vince with my wife's phone and told him where it was, so he drove down to look for it. He called and said he saw it laying in the guys driveway as he drove up . He said he would leave it inside to door to his shop so I could get it. So my VERY UPSET wife and I drove up and got it. I'll probably never hear the end of this! So much for the back brace, can't use it until I find a better way to carry my phone. It really sucks getting old!!
I have memory blackouts where I will lay something down and forget where I put it or lay something down without even knowing it and it is gone forever. Two weeks ago I was outside trying to get the pup in the house and laid the phone on the righthand bedrail of my truck. got the dog in the house and went to town. Got to town and realized I didn't have my phone and suddenly remembered laying it on the truck. It was laying at the end of the driveway just on the edge of the road undamaged.

For me, belt clips always snag on something and it anlw falls out of my shirt pocket. I always carry it in my front pants pocket.

HOWEVER— every few weeks I have to use a plastic tooth pick to pull lint out of the charging port!

Dave

I'm starting to research the use of a shoulder holster for mine. I've moved to a smartphone recently from a holstered flip phone and have to constantly clutch my shirt pocket to keep it in place. It aint going to work on my belt. It'd be pressed up against something in 5 minutes and be broken. It is a "rugged" phone, so it will take more than most, but......... steve

stick a peice of velcro to the phone. another in the inside of back brace. shove it behind the brace and the velcro keeps it there, and it is protected. that's what i did.

My son currently works on the Slope. How long were you there?

front pants pocket I’m afraid. I feel your pain I have a very old iPhone 6. I have a holder that is also my wallet now so I can use the iPhone to find the wallet. I’m down to carrying one thing and I don’t have to worry about loosing it very often.

Some of my Duluth trading work pants have a dedicated pocket for the phone. It sits slightly above the knee. Works well for me.

Vito

Deluth pants are the most comfortable pants i have ever worn. I will try the phone pocket out.

Some one needs to invent a shoulder holster for a I-phone

I'm starting to research the use of a shoulder holster for mine. I've moved to a smartphone recently from a holstered flip phone and have to constantly clutch my shirt pocket to keep it in place. It aint going to work on my belt. It'd be pressed up against something in 5 minutes and be broken. It is a "rugged" phone, so it will take more than most, but......... steve
Home brew belt holster for my phone. 8 layers of fiberglass mat.

IMG_1851.jpeg

I don’t use this holster when I am at the paycheck job. Lost my personal phone in a customer’s field last fall. Didn’t realize it until after I had left. Knew when I had lost it at that point, but wasn’t gonna find that spot in a 1/4 section. Called the wife and she was able to give me the coordinates. Was able to used my work phone to find that spot, not visible in the corn stubble. Of course phone was on silent as I had been with a customer, tried calling my phone anyway, luckily it started vibrating under my left toe.

I just stick mine in the front bib pocket with no problems except if I have to lay in my back under something . I then just put it in the tool box or in the pickup cab . Just someplace it will not be broke if it rings and I'm under something it has to wait till I come out. If somebody is there I have them answer it for me in those cases.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back