Ltest version of my document on decoding model numbers

Sean in PA

Here is a link to the latest version of my Ford Tractor model number reference document:

Link to Ford Tractor Model Information Document Version 5

I put it on the My Tractor Forum web site because it was the easiest thing to do. I don't have much spare time these days and I let my old web site lapse with the hosting site and it's too much of a pain to keep it up myself.

Feel free to share it with anyone. Also, please post back here or PM me with any corrections or additions that you might have.

In the column showing number of cylinders, most lined are blank. What does that mean? I didn't see any listed as 3 cylinders?

(quoted from post at 12:21:01 10/30/21) In the column showing number of cylinders, most lined are blank. What does that mean? I didn't see any listed as 3 cylinders?

There is no column for the number of cylinders. The columns are:
Code - Model designator code
Model - Common name/number of model
Chassis - chassis type (All purpose, Row crop, highway, LCG, etc.)
Years - years produced
Prev. Model - Model that this model replaced, if available (some of these do list the previous model's number of cylinders, like the B10/210 model designator, which is for the 3 cylinder 2000, replaced the 4 cylinder 2000, but that is only for the previous model that was replaced.)

Then for gas and diesel engines:
H.P. - This could be engine HP, PTO HP, or drawbar HP, depending on the source of the information.
CID - displacement
Bore - Cylinder bore
Stroke - Stroke of crankshaft

I guess the number of cylinders would be nice to have. I'll see how long it takes me to add that given my current lack of spare time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back