841D TX

1958 841 Diesel. Seem to be gaining some diesel into the crankcase. Have seen numerous posts about leaking diesel into the oil with the pre 64 diesels. Biggest culprit seems to be the small steel return line under the valve covers. So I remove the valve cover and sure enough, I seen evidence of diesel leaking around the connections to the injectors. I have removed the return line, and have 2 questions. 1st, what has been the best method of the members of this board in repairing the leaking areas on the return line (brazing, soldering, epoxy?) Had a guy recommend taking the line to a plumber or air conditioning technician to have all areas sweated on. Is this advisable? I'll take all recommendations. 2nd question: Will someone please explain in easy (to me)terms, how the diesel fuel system works on this tractor, from tank to injector pump, injectors, return lines, etc. Biggest puzzle to me is the return line bolted to the top of the injectors, down and thru the block to connect to a small line, heading back to fitting at front of tank. Does pressure send this excess fuel uphill to the tank fitting? Gravity would not work from return line back to the the tank. Sorry if I did not explain this well. I appreciate all help in advance, and want to learn these diesels as best I can in order to use and enjoy my 841D.
Thanks

Just best to replace tube assembly. Iv seen some patched up messes trying to stop leaks. Oringaly was a stem that went up in tank above fuel level for leakoff fuel, they break from vibration over the years.

ouch!!! they should be ashamed!!!

$439.35
Part #311412

#37 FUEL TUBE Tube Assy., Fuel Injection Leak-Off, Start Year: 01-JAN-58

If you have a little time I am sure I have a couple of spares. It will be a couple days before I can get to where they are. Let me know if you are interested.
Ron

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back