Massey Ferguson 1080

Shaneo65

New User
Hi guys I have a Massey 1080 anyway the hydraulics were playing up so I bought the filters required and commenced to put them in first one at the front of the tractor done no worries so I have since been trying to work out how to go about getting to this filter that s in the machine apparently it s on The hydraulic pump pick up one would think there would be an inspection plate and it would be behind that I thought perhaps there was one behind the left fuel taa k so I took that off only to find nothing please HELP I have a manual but it doesn t tell you how to change or access the filter shows ya a photo that s it do I really have to split this tractor to access this filter I m hoping that s not the case and that someone can shed some light on this problem I m having thanks folks

The three point Scotch yoke pump has an inlet screen that on most MF later models needs the lift cover removed for service. Regular oil changes helps keep the screen
clean so it does not need removed. The front filter is for the Multi-Power circuit, there's no filter I know of for the hydraulic pump on the 135/150/165/175/180/1080
models, just the inlet screen only.

Bought a 1130 that had sat for long time hydraulic oil looked new but after getting it running lost power steering and multi power,
there is a wire mesh filter under the pickup that was plugged, on the 1130 had to drain the oil and remove heavy plate including
mesh filter .

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back