McCormick sickle bar sharpener

Dingo3

Found this a few years ago at swap meet. I was told that it was a sickle bar sharpener.
Its Marked McCormick. I was wondering how old it might be and how it works. Most Ive seen are just small table clamp devices. Im assuming this mounts to the equipment. Is it missing any parts?

Pictures
cvphoto148050.jpg

cvphoto148051.jpg

cvphoto148052.jpg

How bad would u like one. Pretty sure i have one hanging in the barn. North alabama.

Chester, Im not going to do anything with it. I just
thought it was cool. If I can figure out how to show my
email down below. Contact me.

They were from before serated sections when only smooth sections and if you were out mowing and mower started to plug from not cutting you just stopped in the field and pulled the knife and put the grinder on the wheel and sharpened the sections that were not cutting and then put the knife back in and whent on with your mowing. That grinder could date any place from the late 1800's to bid 1900's.

MID not bid 19990.s and I do have them in the master parts books from dealer counter for I think all the IH made mowers.

Here is one mounted on a McCormick mower wheel. They were apparently clamped to the rear of seat support when in the field.
cvphoto148113.jpg

its pretty much a useless thing nowadays. the sections nowadays are seraded and not require sharpening. basically from the horse mower days.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back