MF 135 Won't Turn to the Right Hand Side

willor

Anyone ever had a problem with their MF 135 not turning to the right hand side? It will turn to the left fine, but stops at the halfway point and won't turn to the right any furhter. Checked the power steering fluid level and it is good. Removed the two front steering links to the front wheels and it still won't turn right. When I do try to turn it past half way I can hear the pressure build and the pump strain.

Any suggestions before I start to tear into the steering system?

It appears that Massey Ferguson 135's had at least 2 different power steering systems. Mine has power assist steering where the cylinder is attached to the steering box and resides under the battery box. At least one uses a cylinder mounted at the front of the tractor above the front axle. There may also be one that has a pair of cylinders mounted one on each side. Describe what you have or post a picture of it so people who know each system can give advice.

Just above where the power assist cylinder attaches to the steering box there is a control. It has 6 cylinders with springs in them under the control pieces. I would expect that one or more of those springs are broken. The other possibility is the nut on the steering shaft has come loose. You will have to remove the battery and battery box, remove the steering wheel and the dash, then take the nut off the shaft before removing the top of the control. Be aware of where every piece comes from so you can reassemble it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back