Mobility Big Dipper Loader

I just go this Mobility Big Dipper Loader for only $700 the guy i got it from said it needed the carb cleaned. I got it started but it only ran for a few seconds and then quit. I got it home, cleaned the carb and now it runs great.
I haven't had any problems yet. It holds great oil presser and doesn't smoke at all.
The little thing lifts over 2000lbs. I would like to get AG tires on it because it doesn't have any traction with the pickup tires.
But it does have NEW rear tires and one completely rebuilt tilt cylinder.
One thing that i didn't like was the gas tank was under the hood.
It made it impossible to put gas in it and if any gas was dumped it went down on the exhaust manifold.
I ended up putting the gas tank under the seat, there was plenty of room because under the seat was a weight box that was full of sand. It was also full of water due to lack of drain hole and it was starting to rust bad.
I got everything cleaned out and the gas tank installed. It's a lot easier to fill and a lot safer.
I am also going to inclose the cap for the winter, but that's another post.

Has anyone ever had experience with one of these?

MobilityLoader020.jpg

MobilityLoader022.jpg

MobilityLoader001.jpg

MobilityLoader023.jpg

MobilityLoader024.jpg

MobilityLoader002.jpg

TractorPartsTiresandect042.jpg

TractorPartsTiresandect043.jpg

With good deals? Occasionally they pass my way! ;)
Unfortunately I don't have any experience with that machine.
Congratulations on the new loader!

shouldn't be too hard to fix a hydraulic leak if you have one! It looks a bit crude, but I bet it will get work done right now!

Traction tires may help some but not a lot. Those were for the most part designed to scoop up loose material on a concrete surface like fertilizer at a plant. Never were good for traction.

Rick

If your not going to put the sand back under the seat then I would put some fluid in them tires, With 2000 lbs that high, I wouln't want to upset it.

I have two Massey Harris weights that weigh around 300lbs each, i am planing on setting one of them on the back, that's why i has the pipe out the back. Right now i am in the middle of inclosing the crash cab, i already have the windshield in and i am hoping to have the back window done this weekend. AG tires half to help, i know that these where not meant for digging and ect, but it does move piles of dirt well, and it drives just fine on rough/uneven ground. It also does good in loose dirt/sand ect, but tires with tread would help a LOT. I was going to put chains on it for now, but the tires are to close to the body and they wont fit.

any one know where to get a manual for the Big Dipper. I need U joints and other parts but no parts manual or no info on where to get the parts. thanks

Brace yourselves… who will be the first?
Well Fritz Maurer, it looks like you are the first, by your inuendo about the post. You could have welcomed and explained to 04regecy that BN64 hasn't posted here since he joined and made the two posts here in December of 2011, at least by that username. And just so you can have some enjoyment I will reply to 04regecy.

You wanna sell a copy of the parts book
Welcome to the forums.

You might get an answer from BB64 but it looks like he has not been around, unless he is using a different username, since he joined and made the two posts in this thread back in December of 2011.

You can see if someone is active, in most cases, if you hover your cursor over, or click on, their avatar to the left of their post. In general most people make out best by starting their own thread with the info related to their needs than tagging on to old threads, like this one from 2011, that may get ignored when some see the date, or replies get made to the original post, not the current one. That is the basis for Fritz Maurer's comment poking at some of us that point out when a thread is old and/or let new members know why they might not get a reply or might get one that is of base.

Hopefully someone will see your post and can help you with manuals.

Well, Jim of ME, if you look at my past posts, you see that I have offered solutions to resurfaced posts with compete disregard for the age of the post. If they want the information, and if I have it , I give it. It has always been my policy that there are certain mechanical problems that remain static over the years whether the post is brand new or 20 years old; in the case of old posts there may be a progression of new technology/ideas.

The theory that people may skip over an old post and not respond is apparently flawed, as evidenced by the latest JD Seller thread. Everyone wants to talk about it and has memories of a long-time member whether good or bad. Your injection of the date notification proves only one thing: No one cares!

You’re going to show me how it’s done so you respond to the new poster by saying “I hope someone can help you”… that’s it? He was already hoping that , that’s why he made made the post in the first place. The balance of your post is teaching him how to tell time and calling me out. Wow, that was informative. You should look at your private messages … he might want your address to send you a check.

I just go this Mobility Big Dipper Loader for only $700 the guy i got it from said it needed the carb cleaned. I got it started but it only ran for a few seconds and then quit. I got it home, cleaned the carb and now it runs great.
I haven't had any problems yet. It holds great oil presser and doesn't smoke at all.
The little thing lifts over 2000lbs. I would like to get AG tires on it because it doesn't have any traction with the pickup tires.
But it does have NEW rear tires and one completely rebuilt tilt cylinder.
One thing that i didn't like was the gas tank was under the hood.
It made it impossible to put gas in it and if any gas was dumped it went down on the exhaust manifold.
I ended up putting the gas tank under the seat, there was plenty of room because under the seat was a weight box that was full of sand. It was also full of water due to lack of drain hole and it was starting to rust bad.
I got everything cleaned out and the gas tank installed. It's a lot easier to fill and a lot safer.
I am also going to inclose the cap for the winter, but that's another post.

MobilityLoader020.jpg

MobilityLoader022.jpg

MobilityLoader001.jpg

MobilityLoader023.jpg

MobilityLoader024.jpg

MobilityLoader002.jpg

TractorPartsTiresandect042.jpg

TractorPartsTiresandect043.jpg
I Have had one of those for several years. The Farmers Coop that I worked at in Central WI had several of them to work in fertilizer plant. Yours is in much better shape than mine. Mine has a forklift attachment and the loader arms are there but welded down. Mine has a Ford 172 power unit. Several years ago we worked on the brakes and I think the drive axle was a narrowed axle from a 60's era Ford pickup. Still use mine couple times a week. Did some research awhile back and I think the company was still in business in Eau Claire WI. at that time. Good luck with your purchase. Steve.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back