more cen IL harvesting pics

billonthefarm

With the dense fog this morning and rain shower this afternoon wrigley and I have found a little time to relax, look at the internet and watch american chopper on tv.
We have been rolling right along. Only about 300 acres to go and we will have corn harvest finished up and then on to soybeans. It always seem as we harvest our resources get a little thin. That can mean a lack of time, manpower or horsepower.

DSC00143.jpg

I needed to move some dry corn out of this bin and after seaching around, this was the best tractor choice. I didnt leave the barnlot, heck, I dont think I could have, but it did pull them around.

DSC00155.jpg

It can also lead to raking stalks with a 150hp 20000lbs tractor. Gotta do what ya gotta do!

DSC00255.jpg

Yesterday afternoon nick wanted to work the ground we are going to seed to triticale and the only thing around was the loader tractor. Thats the first field work that tractor has seen in over two years.

DSC00241.jpg

Nick has been baling corn stalks in the afternoon. He's got about 200 baled so we will do some more but since he has the 4440 on the baler.....

DSC00158.jpg

..the 4430 got unhooked from the bale processor and was pressed into service pulling wagons. I really like this tractor but it not a 4440 and if you have had both you know what I mean.

DSC00194.jpg

Quick quiz. What is the likely moisture of the corn being harvested in this pic? I imagine people are wondering if I have stock in the lp gas company but this corn was testing 19 percent yesterday. It has so much green material it is giving some trouble plugging the concaves. We are happy with the yield, the 40 acres we did yesterday had a avg dry yield of 187. Not bad for no rain all summer.

DSC00226.jpg

Virtually all of our grain goes straight into the bins. Load after load of beautiful golden corn.

DSC00228.jpg

Just a picture from atop another bin looking down at the barnlot at cliffs.

DSC00231.jpg

Took this from on the bins. Thats cliff and david picking in the field about 1/2 mile from the bin site. New camera has 10X optical zoom and another 10X digital zoom.

How about multiple wrigley pics?

DSC00176.jpg

Keeping an eye on the road for me.

DSC00201.jpg

Ready to lend a paw and move the tractor if needed.

DSC00234.jpg

And waiting for me to return from the top of a grain bin. He WILL climb the ones with stairs but I tell him to stay at the bottom and wait for me and he usually will.

Enjoy the pics, I enjoy taking them and we are having a wonderfull fall. Hope you are too!
bill

Thanks for the pictures bill - Looks like the yield is coming up!
Hearing anywhere from 40 to 175 bpa depending on the rain and where you are at.

Jim

PS: You break it to Wrigley yet about the Cubs, Illini and Bears?

Always love seeing the pictures. Nice place and equipment you have, and that's one dedicated helper you have there. Think my dog would rather sleep up by the house and wait for me to return.

thanks for uploading the pictures and taking the time to add comments for each one.

I bet that 730 was really grunting pulling those gravity wagons around. At work we had a 4430 and we always tried to make sure if we were doing heavy work we used the 4455 instead because you had to have it at 4/5 throttle to pull much of anything. I never liked that because I am not a fan of running tractors wide open, especially when they aren't mine!

Cousin had a very similar harvest operation except we had a green combine and older red tractors. Third harvest since we quit and I still miss it. I really enjoy your pictures and thankful you have some yield. Tough year.

I bet the 620 grunted if you had those wagons full. When I was a kid I hauled 250 bu wagons home with a 520 and 4th gear had her nearly spinning with the box going up some of the hills to get home and unload. Did it really move those two full?

Wow thanks for taking the time to show us pictures of harvest in your neck of the woods, glad to see the crops ar doing well for you

A great big thank you again, Bill, for the pictures. Good to hear that the yields are as good as they are. A friend in south Minn. is getting form nothing to about 200 Bu P Ac, all within 80 rod rows. clint

Yep, things here are better than we thought. I think we got alot of benefit out of a rain in late June that alot of folks didnt get.
Wrigley and I listen to cubs games so he knows. No bears fans here sorry. I always have high hopes for the Illini but lately they just dont seem to live up to expectations. Oh well!
bill

Please explain to me how you get the comments between the pics. I can't seem to figure that out.

That field across the road in picture 8 of cliffs barn yard looks familiar, hopefully it will be up there in the 180's

Great pictures. I'll be jumping up and down in W central indiana if it gets above 100 bu. Question, is there a reason behind the red combine and green tractors? I really like my 2188, very easy for this amateur to use and run.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back