need a leson in cub tires sizes

cant locate decent used rear tires for my cub, may have to buy new. simply tires has a reasonable tire sized 8:30x 24,my tires are 8.0 x 24 and the rims are said to be 7 x 24. Will 8:30 x 24 tires fit on 7 x 24 rims. thanx in advance

Yes those will fit just fine. If I remember right the old number system for tires the 8.0X24 would not be what is known as 9.5X24. The 9.5X24 is what I think my cub has on it

The most common tire size on a cub that I have seen is 8.3x24. If you wanted it to move a little faster I'd go with the 9.5x24.

robert i dug the pair of 9-24s i had in the barn out and the side wall on one tire is pretty bad. there was a set of duals leaning against it. heres a couple pictures. if you still want them i can drop them off
cvphoto128836.jpg

cvphoto128837.jpg

glenn they look better than what i have, what do you want for them?? im in channahon ill. im not good at this but i think i will get an e mail if you respond and we can comunidate that way as far as my address.

I got my cub last summer. The tires on it looked very bad but I air them up to load it on a trailer and they have held air ever since. I do have a pair of used tire for it but as long as these hold air I sure as heck am not going to change them

Try looking at some combines in Junkyards. a lot of them have 24 inch tires on the back of them. LIke a 7720 has 24's on the back in about a 12.4-14.9 or so width. a lot of other combines have the same sizes if in 2wd. Some even have them in the 4wd versions may be a different rims size or wider then you may want. Try like Worthington. there was a some kind of junkyard looking thing somewhat close to you along I-57 south of Kankakee on the west side past the tracks that run alongside of the interstate there. Was out alone there not in a town. Don't know if it was a private deal or what just used to see it driving by.

robert, you can have them free of charge. i have your address in the email you sent. next time i travel i55 i will drop them off.

(quoted from post at 14:15:20 06/22/22) cant locate decent used rear tires for my cub, may have to buy new. simply tires has a reasonable tire sized 8:30x 24,my tires are 8.0 x 24 and the rims are said to be 7 x 24. Will 8:30 x 24 tires fit on 7 x 24 rims. thanx in advance

Take a closer look at your old tires for a minute detail. Notice that it does not say "8.0x24" it says "8-24." Lack of decimal place and the dash indicates that it is the pre-1955 tire sizing system.

Them's some old tires...

Tire size nomenclature has changed a couple times over the years.

If I am not mistaken, an 8.3x24 is for all intents and purposes, the same size tire as an 8-24.

mvphoto93691.jpg

if i am not home leave a note with your address so i can send you a thank you or let me know your address now.I live on a dead end street so if im not here leave them in front of the woods or you can call me when you are near 8152606927. thanks

glen i got the tires, they are better than mine which are the originals i believe. this sort of thing only happens with old tractor lovers i think. I think I WOULD LIKE TO RECIPROCATE, I changed this cub over to 12 volt, i have two generators one of which MIGHT work and a good 6 volt coil, i cant give the voltage regulator away that is new. but the generators and coil is here if you can use them text me at 8152606927. im in channahon ill. a mile from where rt. 55 nd rt. 80 cross.

Good morning, all: I have a 1958 Cub LO-BOY with a belly mower, and someone put rear tires that say "powered implement". They work pretty well, but they make the tractor sit too low, the mower barely has room to be raised when not in use. Too small tire size can cause problems...

Dennis M. in W. Tenn.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back