Need help finding drag links

dtbr

New User
I purchased what im told is a 1964 Ford 2000. I am finding that alot of the parts also come from 600 and NAA. I would like to replace the drag links because they are very sloppy. Im having a problem finding the correct drag links because all the ones i find are too short. This tractor has power steering the right side needs to be about 37"overall with the hole for the power steering at 25 3/4" and the left about 39" overall with the hole for power steering around 27 3/4". I am only measuring the rear drag link minus the tube and front front tie rod end. I have a parts manual but I dont think it covers what i have here. I measured the connecting arms and they are 42" and cast CONN3412A that I cant seem to find anywhere either. Any information that someone could give me to locate proper parts would be appreciated.

I seem to remember Ford Dexta and 2000 shared some parts in the early years of 2000. I could be wrong.

I purchased what im told is a 1964 Ford 2000. I am finding that alot of the parts also come from 600 and NAA. I would like to replace the drag links because they are very sloppy. Im having a problem finding the correct drag links because all the ones i find are too short. This tractor has power steering the right side needs to be about 37"overall with the hole for the power steering at 25 3/4" and the left about 39" overall with the hole for power steering around 27 3/4". I am only measuring the rear drag link minus the tube and front front tie rod end. I have a parts manual but I dont think it covers what i have here. I measured the connecting arms and they are 42" and cast CONN3412A that I cant seem to find anywhere either. Any information that someone could give me to locate proper parts would be appreciated.
A work around,a least for a while, is take them off and pean them good with a heavy punch around them. And it you can`t find new ends 1/2 inch flat washers will last for years welded on.

Im trying to find more information by looking up the connecting arm to see what it was used on so i can find correct length drag links. The arm has C0NN 3412A and I cant find that anywhere either. Is there some list of numbers out there?

Im trying to find more information by looking up the connecting arm to see what it was used on so i can find correct length drag links. The arm has C0NN 3412A and I cant find that anywhere either. Is there some list of numbers out there?
That is a casting number, not a part number, so it probably won't help to search most places on that number. Although, sometimes salvage yards will list them by the casting number. I just checked tractor-part.com and they show several salvage yards that claim to have them in stock. Here is a link to my search there:

Link to search for C0NN3412A on tractor-part.com

Contact the salvage yards directly. Hopefully some of them will be nice enough to take measurements for you over the phone.

This is what I offer for that model. I don't know if they are too short however. They are OEM spec.

"...what I am told is a 1964 2000."
I think the first thing to do is positively identify it.
Go to the flat area just above and to the rear of the starter. You should find the serial number and model number stamped there.
That said, I'm wondering if you have a light industrial 2000. They have a different front axle, with a longer wheelbase, radius rods, and drag links.

That very well could be and thank you for acknowledging that I have something different. I will try to find those numbers again. I have searched all the casting numbers i can find and seems this tractor is either pieced together or a special order back in its day. I believe it to be a 142 ?? gas eingine with a four speed transmission with a two speed pto and rear end from what i believe to be a 4000. it has power steering and a non adjustable front axle with radius arms and drag links that are two inches longer than anything i can find online.

That very well could be and thank you for acknowledging that I have something different. I will try to find those numbers again. I have searched all the casting numbers i can find and seems this tractor is either pieced together or a special order back in its day. I believe it to be a 142 ?? gas eingine with a four speed transmission with a two speed pto and rear end from what i believe to be a 4000. it has power steering and a non adjustable front axle with radius arms and drag links that are two inches longer than anything i can find online.
No way a 4 speed transmission from that time period can have a two speed PTO. The only dual speed PTO available in the pre-1965 Ford tractors were on the models with the Select-O-Speed (S-O-S) transmissions that had 10 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds.

No way a 4 speed transmission from that time period can have a two speed PTO. The only dual speed PTO available in the pre-1965 Ford tractors were on the models with the Select-O-Speed (S-O-S) transmissions that had 10 forward speeds and 2 reverse speeds.
Maybe a Sherman auxiliary transmission? Since it affects the pto speed as well...

A couple pictures of a 4000 light industrial my son had. If I remember right, the only difference between a 2000 light industrial and a 4000 light industrial is the engine... I rhink they started using th heavier 4000 rear axle on the 2000 light industrials. The 2nd picture is where to find the mod and serial numbers. Stamped, not raised.

Attachments

• 20230521_144450.jpg
    20230521_144450.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 15
  • 20230521_144502.jpg
    20230521_144502.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 15
Yes!!! Thats it! When I zoom in I can see the "pocket" behind the "fork" on the raduis arm like mine has, in that pocket is cast 3412A whick is longer than standard and why rear drag links are too short. The rear drag link from ball to end of thread needs to be around 38' to 40" I did some research today thanks to your earlier recommendation and found number "21301 S" so it is the light industral and the S is Sherman I guess and it has the over/under combination shifter so I was wrong and its actually 12 gears forward/ 3 reverse. It does have a pto and 3piont hitch. Now if I can just find someplace to purchase the drag links!!!

The left and right drag links are actually two different lengths due to the arms on either side of the steering gear being offset from each other front-to-back with the one on the right side being a little farther forward and thus the right side rod is a little shorter than the left one. Here are the part numbers for the man drag links for a 2130 light industrial model:

Right side - C0NN3307B
Left side - C0NN3308B

The clamp (threaded tube) at the front of the shaft and the front track rod end are both the same on both sides, but they have their own part numbers:

Clamp - C0NN3287A
Track rod end - C0NN3A300A

The main rods appear to be no longer available new from New Holland, but the parts site claims that the clamps and ends are

I welded new tie rod ends on my 9N Ford drag links
and made it look pretty with body putty. It has worked for over 40 years.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back