New Idea 279 bearing

Marcf

New User
Hi all, searching for information on how to replace the bearings on NewIdea 279 cut conditioner
I took the 4 bulbs, removed the ring but nothing else seem to want to move. Even the plate where the 4 bolts were.

Hi all, searching for information on how to replace the bearings on NewIdea 279 cut conditioner
I took the 4 bulbs, removed the ring but nothing else seem to want to move. Even the plate where the 4 bolts were.
I have a 270 Cutditioner. All of the bearings on that are held in place with elliptical locking collars.

Hello Marc welcome to YT! A picture of what you have going would be great. Does it have a collar on the outer side of the bearing like this example? (link) Example bearing
If so that has Allen set screws to lock it to the shaft. Loosen those and then take a punch in the larger hole and drive it to turn it on the shaft the direction the shaft rotates during operation. The collar has an eccentric that locks it to the shaft. Unfortunately, rust often creates the need to remove the bearing by the use of a cutting torch.

Thanks for the reply. Yes it had a collar which I removed with an Allen key. After removing that collar seems I’m not able to remove anything else. Tried moving the plate that as the 4 bolt to get to the bearing but unable to get it out. I see maybe the bearing guard / spacer. Very flimsy afraid if I pull on it I will brake it. I’ll get pictures tomorrow to show

Don’t worry about that cheap bearing flange if cutting it to get it out of you way will help get a puller on the bearing do it. I’m afraid my last sentence in my other reply will likely be the final answer. It’s a common necessity with farm equipment and bearings, many other types of equipment as well.

Just saw the special puller they have now for those bearings, was at a farm show yesterday. Push the balls around and put 3 flattened ball in, turn the ball, and pull on them.

If they work, will have to have one on my shelf….

Torch is the common way to get those off, I’ve used a small cutting wheel as well.

Paul

Thanks I found the casing and bearing kit f210 . Once it comes I’ll make sure look the same and I’ll just brake off the one that need replaced and install.

I will try with my father in law. He’s hoping we can heat it up with an carbon electrode/ electrical arch to destroy it out so we can place new

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back