Oliver 1800c runs with choke on and surges woth choke off

vwaller

New User
My oliver 1800c gas will run woth choke on. It surges when choke is off. Had a 3psi fuel pump on it. Grasping at strawls trying to figure this out. Did carb rebuild kit. New inline fuel filter. Is it worth it to get a new carb for 800$ and the new pump for 300$. Any ideas please!

My oliver 1800c gas will run woth choke on. It surges when choke is off. Had a 3psi fuel pump on it. Grasping at strawls trying to figure this out. Did carb rebuild kit. New inline fuel filter. Is it worth it to get a new carb for 800$ and the new pump for 300$. Any ideas please!
Sounds like the idle circuit is still partially plugged somewhere. Surging is caused by the governor opening enough to open the the power circuit for idling.

Go thru thru carb again, sometimes they are stubborn. I had to go thru the carb on my 1550 4 times before I got it just right.

Well, run it with a small clean gravity fed piggyback tank directly to the carb to verify it's the carb. Same symptoms will let you know that it's 100% a carb problem. Next step, rebuild your carb again.

Spray carb cleaner,WD40 or starting fluid around the manifold and carb to check for air leaks

What kind of in line filter did you use? The little plastic lawnmower filter is too small. You need a larger one. I get mine from Napa

Spray carb cleaner,WD40 or starting fluid around the manifold and carb to check for air leaks
A little safer way is to take one of those little propane torches and slide a piece of hose on it. Turn on the propane but don't light it. Move the hose around near the gaskets. If it revs up, you have a leak.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back