Ooooohhhhh, What An Idiot.... Kind of OT

Bryce Frazier

Yesterday was one of those days.... It all started at about 3 in the morning yesterday.. I got up to use the restroom, and someone left the vacuum out in the hall. Needless to say I found it, however, the funny part about this is that NOT ONLY did I trip over it, upon doing so, I thought that I was being attacked and proceeded to open a can of Whoop A$$ on the UN-suspecting vacuum... :

NEXT on the Day-O-Fun, I fired up our little diesel tractor to do a little logging with it, and nearly ran it out of fuel while it was sitting there warming up, then I dropped the half full 5 gallon can of diesel and the back-splash covered me in Red Diesel....

After that crisis I made it all the way out into the woods to where the downed trees were (driving the little tractor). Got my big saw out (Husky 288XP) and fired it up.. Ran great, but no power... Air filter was plugged up! Didn't have what I needed to get at it, so I turned around and went home.. By the time I got that fixed it was lunch time, soooo, made a lot of progress with that...

Now realizing that I have rambled on for a while, I will speed it up!

Next I put a little more oil in my Kawasaki Bayou 300 (my littlest tractor) and went out into the woods with the flat bed to get a load of wood somewhere along the way I lost the fill cap because it hadn't been tightened correctly, and I spent 3 hours looking for it, never did find it...

And then to finish it off, Dad and I were working on his new JD GM, and we managed to get the head off of the engine. I picked it up and set it on the ground, and I wasn't paying attention, and he decided to flip it over to see the other side, and lost control of it and dropped it on my left foot...

FUN FUN FUN!!! As of this morning, I have a large skunk in the cage trap, and two stinky dogs in their pen.. Looks like it is going to be another fun one!! :) Bryce

Your first part reminds me;
Buddy of mine hated all his new wife's cats, got up in the middle of the night for bathroom, went across the living room, saw dark shape laying in the middle of the floor, hauled off for a mighty drop-kick "Dern no-good-..." and it was the crankshaft out of his 327 he was working on.

Wife's best friend had back surgery, asked us to take care of Sammy, her black German Shepherd, while she was laid up. That was 4 months ago, and Sammy is here for the duration, I guess. Very nice dog (the most "polite" dog I've ever seen), but she tends to sleep where she falls, and a black dog is hard to see in the middle of the night. So I've taken to carrying a little penlight in the pocket of my bathrobe for when I wander around at night. It has saved me from several spills.

As for the rest of the stuff, "welcome to life", especially on the farm. As Roseanne Roseannadanna used to say, "Its always something."

Was he working on the crankshaft in the hoose or was he sleeping in the shop?
Why would he leave a crankshaft laying in the middle of the floor?

I wondered the exact same thing. If I left tractor parts in our living room, Ms. Tammy would make sure I slept with them in the shop from that time forward!!

Gene

Couple years ago I got up in the middle of the night to probably hit the bathroom, then to the kitchen for a drink of water. I never turn on the lights, can always see enough to get around. Wife left the dishwasher door open and I found it with both shins ripped the 2 screws out of the counter top, grabbed the sink on the way down and pulled the counter away from the wall
That pretty much ruined the rest of my nights sleep.

Had a fellow Volunteer Fire Dept Member that had moved to a new home. The first call to a fire after he had moved came in the night. He ran down the hall of the house and turned to go through the door.......that didn't exist in this house. His old house yes, not this house. Bruised his face and his pride at the same time.

Yesterday I got up and found myself in a rather rare state of laziness. Just didn't feel like doing ANYTHING. Found out by reading your plight there's an up side to doing nothing. Didn't hurt a dang thing other'n a half bag of Dorito's.....

Today I have to do everything I was SUPPOSED to do yesterday AND today. :(

You got that right!

Only at my house, tractor parts would never make it to the living room in the first place.

(quoted from post at 10:21:28 09/29/14) You got that right!

[b:a3a47828aa]Only at my house, tractor parts would never make it to the living room in the first plac[/b:a3a47828aa]e.
hy not! :?: Must be not your house then,... or you ain't the boss there. :?

Sounds like a two day period I had awhile back. Started out with a leaky drain on the sink. Several trips to the hardware store to get the various pieces because none wanted to work together, and a complete day of messing with it and I was finally done. Went to throw away the trash and discovered the water heater was leaking. Got everyone cleaned up and turned it off for the night and went to bed. Got up the next day and went for a new one. First store had the heater, but not the other parts needed to hook it up. Second store had some pieces, but not all of them, so we got what they had and headed home. Halfway there the top on the box flew open and all the paperwork inside flew out. Went to turn around and the heater decided to lay over in the bed, even though I had it tied down pretty good (so I thought...LOL). Got the papers, and the heater straightened back up and got home. Stopped the truck in the middle of the drive so the wife could move her car and I could get closer to the door to unload. Went to move the truck to unload, and now the truck won't start. So, replaced the solenoid, got it running, got it moved, and got unloaded. Now it was a trip to a third store to get the rest of the parts needed to hook the heater up. Finally got it hooked up around 10 PM and sat down on the couch. I woke up about two hours later and went to the bedroom. About the time I sat down on the bed, the mattress and box springs came off the ledge they sit on and the bed collapsed under me. As late and as tired as I was, all I could do was sit there and laugh until I was about to cry at the way the past 48 or so hours had gone.....Needless to say me and the wife both had to sleep on the couch that night, until I could get the bed fixed the next day.

All I know is I've had some bad days, but I had NEVER experienced a string of bad luck like that....Welcome to the club....LOL

Jeff Foxworthy said you might be a redneck if your wife says...."Honey! Could you come move your transmission? I'd like to take a bath!"

Yep, life happens. :)

But those days give one an appreciation for the beautiful days when everything goes perfectly.

2 old 2 care, those days aren't that rare with me anymore! I found when I retired that all that work ain't going anywhere, so I decided to do it on MY terms.

I had a very similar day last week. Planned to go to the woods to cut wood. Tractor wouldn't start. Thought I could cut close to home. Saw out of gas and gas and bar oil back in the woods. Just power napped until the feeling subsided.

Larry

If you don't mind the suggestion, slow down a little. When I was 19, and driving in a hurry on a tractor, I suffered a shattered wrist and spent 3 days in the hospital, 8 weeks in a cast, and a full year with limited wrist movement. Yes, haste can and does make waste. So, move a little slower, move a little smarter.

The vacuum reminds me of the hallway to the bedroom in our house. One side of the hallway has double bi-fold doors on a closet. When Marilyn was working she would sometimes come home so tired she would go straight to bed when she came in from work. Later I would come to bed with the lights off so I wouldn't wake her and I would stub my toe on one of the bi-fold doors she had left half open. She was wide awake by the time I got done fighting that door!

your night reminds me of a buddy who drank too much. Got up to go to the bathroom, got lost & peed in the washing machine. Still out of it, he turned to leave & ran into the closet door with his wife's bathrobe hanging on it. Believing he was being attacked by a mob, he proceded to beat up the door til he finally woke up. Darn near wrecked the whole room.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back