OT-- Mahindra Tractors

G6 at Snook, TX

We may be getting into the market for a new tractor in the near future, and I would like to hear what you think of Mahindra tractors. I understand they are from India and are based on the old IH model. They are heavy and have a relatively simple set up compared to other model tractors. The new tractor would be in the 50HP range. Have you heard generally good things about them? Bad things? Thanks for your comments.

Also, I added some polyeurathane (sic?) to the fronts on my work 8N and it is a little rougher riding, but the front end is about 70 lbs heavier plus no more flats.

We still need rain here in Snook.

My dad says they're the best value out there these days. My father-in-law has one and I got to drive it around. For what you pay you can't expect a Kubota or John Deere, but if you looking for a no-frills get-the-job-done tractor I think Mahindra will fit the bill.

My B-I-L has one that is the main workhorse on his 100 acre cattle ranch and praises it constantly. It seems like a well built tractor and you can get service and support for them.

Dan

My brother next door has had one for about 5 years bought it new.I hear running down there about twice a week.He likes it, drives it kinda rough.Leaves it out in the weather.Never had a problem with it.Thought about getting one myself.You can get them for 0% interest also unless its changed.hth...R.M. IN AL

Might want to wait and see what the new 8n diesel looks like. don b
I'm glad you brought that up cause I overheard one of the FFCA guys talking to Dennis Carpenter about them & wasn't sure if'n I was supposed to have heard it. :oops:
Whats the whole story or is it too early to tell?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back