Progress on 1/16 370 proto type

Adirondack case guy

This project has turned ito a real PIA and a chore rather than fun. I over estimated the size of this little tractor at first, so I had to narrow my original frame by 3/8" and shorten it by 1-1/8". Apparently it was just a bit bigger than a IH cub Low Boy I finally got the frame and hood into proportion, and got the front axle built. After several cardboard hood templets I had one that suited me and I proceeded to build the hood from that. It ended up looking real good. Next onto fabing the rounded rear fenders. I made what I thought to be good replicas of the ones in the picture, but they just didn't fit my conception of what flowed with the 70 series hood. I took another step backwards and removed them, and went back to the basic fender design of the 200 series GT tractors. That looked much better to me.
The wheels and tires that I ordered from Dakota Toys came and they worked. The rear wheel weight you see, is made from a 7/16" flat washer, so you have a size reference, and it covers the wheel design that I don't care for, but was the only one available to fit the scale of this model. The motor is coming along after several attempts also. I still have a lot of details to take care of, including a canopy for the ROPS.
Loren
cvphoto13743.jpg

cvphoto13744.jpg

cvphoto13746.jpg

cvphoto13747.jpg

cvphoto13748.jpg

It is looking real good to me. I guess I don't know what the real one looks like but it sure looks like you're on the right track.

Sometimes when my projects are not going well I have to pause and give my self credit for recognizing what I did is not right or not up to my standards. And as you did have the strength to back up and try again. Once you can get comfortable with that it becomes fun again because it turns out way better.

Paul

All looks good to me Loren, your persistence and attention to detail is what makes these models something special. Nice fender choice, Rod.

Nick, do you have any other pics. of this thing. Say from the rear. There are lots of things that just don't add up. I don't think that this tractor ever saw any field testing. More like a studio model that didn't make it past production management.
Loren

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back