Question about email notifications .....

Crazy Horse

Back a while when the old system was in place, I always used Classic for one reason or the other, I thought it was more user friendly. But now we have changed over, who cares right? It is what it is and is pretty good to be honest.

I do have a question though about the new system.
With the old Classic, when I made a post or a reply, I would request an email notification. It worked good for that purpose and the notifications only referred to posts or replies I made. With the new system now, if I make a reply to a post or a reply to a reply, I think I am getting an email notification for ALL the replies that others make in the thread, not just the ones replying to me.

Id prefer it the way it used to be. Any way of dealing with that?

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 4.00.21 PM.jpg

These are your options, and I think they ping you if anyone replies to A) a thread you created, or B) a thread you replied to.

The admins may have other email options available to turn on, but they'd have to confirm or deny.

View attachment 915

These are your options, and I think they ping you if anyone replies to A) a thread you created, or B) a thread you replied to.

The admins may have other email options available to turn on, but they'd have to confirm or deny.
Hmmm, either way it sounds like I get notifications for anything I get involved with like:
- creating a post
-replying to a post
- replying to someone else's reply

Not a big deal, easy to delete the email if I don't want to follow up on it. The new format is really the same as before with some slight differences in some areas. I think some of the critiques have been a bit too picky and are exaggerated.

Back a while when the old system was in place, I always used Classic for one reason or the other, I thought it was more user friendly. But now we have changed over, who cares right? It is what it is and is pretty good to be honest.

I do have a question though about the new system.
With the old Classic, when I made a post or a reply, I would request an email notification. It worked good for that purpose and the notifications only referred to posts or replies I made. With the new system now, if I make a reply to a post or a reply to a reply, I think I am getting an email notification for ALL the replies that others make in the thread, not just the ones replying to me.

Id prefer it the way it used to be. Any way of dealing with that?
You can click what Ed S. posted, you find that via your username and Preferences.
Or you can click the watch button and then check the email button.
1704159919474.png

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back