Re: Jubilee transmission

John in Mich

With engine off, try grabbing one of the rear tires and rocking the tractor back and forth. Ih mid-
fifties Ford cars could get locked up in 2 gears and we rocked the car backwards. I did it to a mid-
80s Corvette that got locked in 2 gears. TRUE!

Thanks for the reply. I did try rocking the tractor back and forth, but was unable to budge the shift lever. I was trying to find a way to turn the engine backwards, but remembered that the engine was running when this happened and had to issues as long as the clutch was in. Even with the clutch in, though, the tractor is unable to move.

This happens on our little Farmall Cub from time to time, but it is an easy fix to pop off the transmission cover and realign the gear linkages, but on the Jubilee I can't lift the cover off as the shifter is engaged on something, so poking around through the filler cap is all I can do.

When you get it into the shop take a good look on how the shift forks align. Its all most impossible to see a bent shift fork all you will have to go by is the alignment of the shift gate and how the gears set on the shafts in neutral and in gear.

Some more info BTDT got to go back into the trans.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/viewtopic.php?p=6253580&highlight=fork#6253580

The photobucket pix with the red arrow the shift fork was bent.

https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=nboard&th=674435

If there is any good out of this its basic 101 transmission repair other than hard work its as basic as it gets.

(quoted from post at 00:34:51 08/31/23) Thanks for the reply. I did try rocking the tractor back and forth, but was unable to budge the shift lever. I was trying to find a way to turn the engine backwards, but remembered that the engine was running when this happened and had to issues as long as the clutch was in. Even with the clutch in, though, the tractor is unable to move.

This happens on our little Farmall Cub from time to time, but it is an easy fix to pop off the transmission cover and realign the gear linkages, but on the Jubilee I can't lift the cover off as the shifter is engaged on something, so poking around through the filler cap is all I can do.

turning the engine will do nothing that rocking a wheel will do. Jack one rear up then rock it trying different gears.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back