Restless legs

bc

Saw the topic on leg cramps so I want to ask about restless leg issues. Really causes me a lot of sleep loss and getting worse the older I get.

Taking a couple two m g tablets of Rop. ini. role which is a park. inson's drug plus a couple hundred m g of gab. a. pentin in the evening before going to bed along with some a. leve. Usually takes an hour or two of walking around the house before I can sleep. Those drugs make me sleepy so I'm walking around half asleep. I also take cal cium, mag nesium, zinc, and iron supplements.

I've tried a couple others like re. quip., pram. ipex. ole. and qui. nine. in the past. I can just think about it and it comes on. Does it during the day sometimes when I raise my legs up when tilting back the recliner. Sometimes happens when driving and I have to stomp the floor until I can stop and walk it off.

Took a short 3 day trip a couple weeks ago and forgot the medicine. After a painful, sleepless night, drove back home to get it.

Only other thing I can think of is maybe start drinking tonic water again. Drank a liter bottle of it everyday last year when the china thing started along with vita min D and zinc. Couldn't get the drug the president was talking about but qui. nine. is what was given to everyone during WWII for stuff. Tonic water has about 86 mg of qui. nine. per liter.

Part of it I think may be related to dehydration. I drink plenty of liquids and powe rade or gator ade but that doesn't help by itself. I bot a stand on vibrator years ago that helps some to stimulate the blood flow but that doesn't provide any immediate relief. Had an ultrasound done last year and they want to zap a vein in each leg but haven't had it done.

Any other suggestions? The people I talk to that have it know what a struggle it is. Can't put drug names in so I'm trying different ways to get past the YT filters.

You really have it bad. And yes the older we get the worse it is . I can use exercise most of the time (when I am not to lazy) then an al. eve. But al. eve gives me
nightmares. We have a 9 ft basement and I go up and down a few times. I can usually get to sleep, but my wife says that my legs still jerk when I am asleep. I do
take vitamins, I may try the tonic water. I have also noticed that the recliner will bring it on also. I feel your pain, hang in there.

I occasionally get it so I can sympathize with you. Seems like I have heard magnesium too but cant be sure. I will be hanging around for the suggestions.

This may sound wacky but I had restless leg and foot cramps and woke up not feeling rested. Long story in between but I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now use a CPAP. No restless leg, no foot cramps and
feel much better in the morning. Did the CPAP eliminate the restless leg? I don't know but if it was just a coincidence it was a good one. (I'm not a MD and don't sell CPAPs)

I suffer from the same problem. Lots of warnings on the web regarding quinine. My best results are from taking both a magnesium and potassium
pill and drink a quart of Gatorade. Also a dill pickle before bedtime.

My son has restless leg syndrome. He was taking a prescription sedative to help him with it because it was so bad. He was then diagnosed with sleep apnea. After he started using his CPAP machine his restless leg went away. Just like wjttexas's experience.

OTJ

Do what you want, but my Dad was on the anti-spasm medicine that is intended for Parkinson's for his leg cramps. It was the wrong stuff for two reasons: (1) He had to take it continuously to have any effect. If he missed a dose, it was as if all the cramps it prevented were saved up and came back to get him all at once. So you'll be on it for the rest of your life. (2) The effects on your mind after a few weeks are atrocious. Your dose may be different, but my Dad didn't know if it was spring or fall when he was taking it. It's that strong.

I am so glad I got my Dad off that medicine. I got his doc to switch him over to night-time Acete.minophen instead (over the counter--sold under a PM label), which he took on an as-needed basis and was a lot cheaper. My Dad's last few months with his family were incredibly better from a quality of life standpoint--he could have conversations with me and his grand-kids and was his old self again. I of course do not know your other medical conditions, but I am letting you know that the side effects of those Parkinson's drugs when used off label for things like restless legs are a whole medical condition unto themselves. Of course the Doc was ready to prescribe more drugs for the side effects. Parkinson's is a serious nerve/brain degeneration and the meds for that are in a whole different league than what my Dad needed. Heck, if it were not for his heart condition I would have given him a shot of whiskey.

Just sharing my experience with what you describe. Best wishes for a speedy recover for what ails you. Dave

(quoted from post at 07:41:58 05/22/21) Saw the topic on leg cramps so I want to ask about restless leg issues. Really causes me a lot of sleep loss and getting worse the older I get..

I take 300 mg of gapapentin every night.
Some nights I need two doses.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back