Snowed In at Work, but that Didn't Stop Me!!

RTR

Had to go to work dispite the upcoming weather prediction, and at the rate it was coming down and the temps dropping they said to stay off the roads if at all possible. Had 5 miles to go, and decided to take something different home!

Had to go to work dispite the upcoming weather prediction, and at the rate it was coming down and the temps dropping they said to stay off the roads if at all possible. Had 5 miles to go, and decided to take something different home!

Too funny...

My folks once took Dad's tractor to the neighbor's place 2.5 miles away, during a terrible blizzard - because by gum, Mama was going out... "even if I have to figure out how to start the tractor by myself!!!!".

Man, she was one stubborn woman.

The incentive and will power to go home far out weigh the incentive to go to work.

Especially when you have 2 toddlers at home and a wife that wants you there more than work.

Must be in an area not used to much snow. That little bit of snow is an every day occurrence in the north. Might slow traffic from 70 to 65 mph...or not.

Too funny...

My folks once took Dad's tractor to the neighbor's place 2.5 miles away, during a terrible blizzard - because by gum, Mama was going out... "even if I have to figure out how to start the tractor by myself!!!!".

Man, she was one stubborn woman.
Once used my 445 long high crop pulling a Jon boat to evacuate one of my neighbors in a flash flood.it shore looked funny especially going thru water lapping at my feet

The LAST thing I would want to drive on the road in a snow storm is an open station tractor... I've driven anything from a full size Cadillac to 2WD pickup trucks, but my last two trucks have been 4x4s and I wouldn't be without it even if I only use it for a couple hours a year.

For sure not anywhere there's much traffic. It's just asking to get hit even with lights and flashers. Then in an area with no traffic, if you do get stuck, you're dead because nobody's coming along to rescue you.

Must be in an area not used to much snow. That little bit of snow is an every day occurrence in the north. Might slow traffic from 70 to 65 mph...or not.
That was my thought too, like you said, that MIGHT slow traffic down to 65 here too. You do what you got to do sometimes to accomplish you goals though. Nice looking tractor and hopefully you didn't get salt all over it.

i was expecting to see you plowing through snow drift 2 feet high. but a 4x4 truck would go through more snow than them little fords. you just got a dusting. lol.

snow???????

I think RTR should have mentioned that he is in north Alabama..... That's a good bit of snow down here 😎..... Probably wasn't another vehicle on the roads

I think RTR should have mentioned that he is in north Alabama..... That's a good bit of snow down here 😎..... Probably wasn't another vehicle on the roads
That makes sense. When I was in high school I once drove our Farmall M to a friend's house for pizza night. Dad was the street maintenance man in our town so he had the pickup at work and was out plowing snow with the Cat 12. The Impala wasn't going to go through 2 feet of snow. So I drove the M and enjoyed some pizza.

My daughter lived in Memphis a few years ago ,she sent me pictures of the snow that was enough to call off school you could see more green grass then snow, another time her boss sent all the workers a Email telling of the signs of hypothermia the temp was in the low 30's ,I sent her a picture of our thermometer at 20 below that same morning when I was going out to milk . her boss didn't know what to think .( I am in central minnesota )

That was my thought too, like you said, that MIGHT slow traffic down to 65 here too. You do what you got to do sometimes to accomplish you goals though. Nice looking tractor and hopefully you didn't get salt all over it.
I thought the guy was going to be plow Truck driver ,,. That used to be our Hi-way dept. favorite Joke .. Everyone is staying home from work, But that don't stop Us" Btw ,,I am in the snow feeding cows all time

We get entertained when it is cold down south. It is in the 'single digits'. Oh no. Two weeks ago it was -50 here (central AB with wind chill) and it was not as bad as I had thought it was going to be. Fortunately, it did warm up with it being around freezing for the high the past couple days.

We get entertained when it is cold down south. It is in the 'single digits'. Oh no. Two weeks ago it was -50 here (central AB with wind chill) and it was not as bad as I had thought it was going to be. Fortunately, it did warm up with it being around freezing for the high the past couple days.
That’s ok we can’t understand how people die up there when it’s in the mid nineties and

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back