Testosterone Meal day!!!

JD Seller

Almost all of the women of the family went on a day long SPA/shopping/hen party today. LMAO

So that left all of us MALES to fend for ourselves. It was all of my Grand sons, my four sons, My three brothers, My brothers sons, two Uncles and one Great Uncle. I had a steer butchered last week. I had the butcher keep out 25 nice steaks. The garden is finally having some tomatoes in it. So here is what we(males) just cooked to eat.

Steaks grilled on a real charcoal fire not gas.

Baked potatoes that came out of my brother's garden.

Sweet corn that was just picked less than two hours ago on my place.

Sliced and sweeten tomatoes that where just picked this morning.

For desert there was home made bread that came out of the bread maker this morning. This was topped with butter that was churned by my one uncle that still milks Jersey cows. We also had black berry jam that was canned two weeks ago by my DIL.

So the only boughten things in this meal was what ever beverage you wanted. My two middle sons are talking about making their own beer for next year. The Great Uncle said he might be able to find his corn liquor recipe. ( HE still makes some each year. He just acts like he does not. LMAO)

I may be able to move well by evening chore time. LOL Some of the boys will need rides home as the BEER barrel is going down fast.

You should be proud. Next year you need to plan the gals trip for them. Tell them to just hit the road and dont ask what your doing. If they do you fixing the broken steering gear on the left hand drive tractor.

Sounds like a great time for all. Nice to have the ladies take their leave from time to time, and let the guys have a day to be guys.

The menu reminds me of when I was growing up on the dairy farm- big garden, raised some broiler chickens, always had "cull cow" beef, churned butter, etc. My grandparents on mom's side (city folks) came for Sunday dinner almost every Sunday. One day Grandma started asking about each item, and did we grow it. Turned out everything on the table (except the coffee) was home grown, right down to the butter, and the whipped cream on the pie. She was raving about that, and how great it was. After they left, Dad smiled and said, "And all these years, I just thought it was because we were too poor to buy anything."

That is the way to do it, I like when it all lines up like that, from the farm, garden, someone canning, or what have you, and of course a tasty cold beer to go with it.

Homebrew is worth it, just have to figure a style or recipe, fine tune it, eventually it should work out to something you enjoy.

(quoted from post at 13:59:15 08/24/13) Almost all of the women of the family went on a day long SPA/shopping/hen party today. LMAO

So that left all of us MALES to fend for ourselves. It was all of my Grand sons, my four sons, My three brothers, My brothers sons, two Uncles and one Great Uncle. I had a steer butchered last week. I had the butcher keep out 25 nice steaks. The garden is finally having some tomatoes in it. So here is what we(males) just cooked to eat.

Steaks grilled on a real charcoal fire not gas.

Baked potatoes that came out of my brother's garden.

Sweet corn that was just picked less than two hours ago on my place.

Sliced and sweeten tomatoes that where just picked this morning.

For desert there was home made bread that came out of the bread maker this morning. This was topped with butter that was churned by my one uncle that still milks Jersey cows. We also had black berry jam that was canned two weeks ago by my DIL.

So the only boughten things in this meal was what ever beverage you wanted. My two middle sons are talking about making their own beer for next year. The Great Uncle said he might be able to find his corn liquor recipe. ( HE still makes some each year. He just acts like he does not. LMAO)

I may be able to move well by evening chore time. LOL Some of the boys will need rides home as the BEER barrel is going down fast.
ove it! Wish I could have been there! :D

In my family we call that "Man Food"! Sounds good.

For those who may not be familiar with "Man Food", let me explain. "Man Food" was an invention of necessity centuries ago because despite the appreciation men have for the excellent cooking skills of their wives, there are some things (or methods) their wives refuse to use while cooking. The term "Man Food" can be used interchangeably to describe food only a man will eat and/or food that is cooked by a man. When the term "Man Food" is used to describe food cooked by a man, the food is cooked...

...in massive quantities.
...often outdoors, in a garage or other acceptable "man cave",
...with a cooking implement of at least 100,000 BTU,
...while enjoying a beverage,
...because he feels like it,
...without help from his wife (unless he can't find something in the kitchen),
...without using the "good" cookware so he doesn't risk scratching the non-stick pans,
...using onions and/or garlic,
...with limited used of vegetables,
...in "chunks" (no "julienne-ing" or "dicing" allowed),
...often without a recipe,
...while listening to a sporting event on the radio,
...to share with everyone who might like some.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back