thanks re:2-70 diesel problem

Anonymous-0

Just want to thank Larry from Maryland and Vernon in Kansas for your replies to my problem. It turned out that Larry was right on the money!
I checked fuel flow at the sediment bowl and there was just a little trickle. Pulled it out of tank and found a pc. of yellow plastic almost as big as the inlet had somehow gotten in there. kinda of looked like a pc. of a fuel can filler lid?? Also found couple loose fittings and spot in fuel line where it was wore almost right thru fom rubbing on the block. Anyways I ended up taking the tank off and cleaning it right out, but wasnt much else in there except a fly or two. Also got some 5/16 brake line at canadian tire and made up two new fuel lines. While I was at it I replaced the fuel level reostat as fuel gauge was not working. Had to put 15 gals of fuel in it after to get it to flow thru filter to pump. Makes me wonder if it was such a great idea not to put a charge pump on these? Probably why there is only the one fuel filter on these as gravity probably wouldnt push it thru two filters? Probably a cost cutting thing by White ? But then again it has run o/k like that for the last 30 years so I aint gonna change it now. Once again Thanks for your advice Guys

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back