Twisters on the Plains

Case Nutty 1660

Last Friday just after 2pm we had two tornadoes hit here,, the one hit less than a mile north of my house,, the other the worst one hit about 5 miles west of me. Seven homes destroyed by the big one,, the one by me rolled up two vehicles and a 5th camper right against the mans house,, it then came across the fence to my north pasture and took off half of the roof on a 3 sided cow shelter,, we were real lucky, only one person was transported to the hospital and thankfully she has no lasting injuries but was blown over 100 feet from the house she was in when the twister hit it full on, first two pics are the one by my place (first pic is my place) second pic shows a different angle of the one over my place, rest are from the big ones path of destruction,, last one is the place where the lady was thrown 100 feet she drives that school bus, I added a link to the report TWC has about it
cnt
a269456.jpg

a269458.jpg

a269459.jpg

a269460.jpg

a269461.jpg

a269462.jpg

a269463.jpg

a269464.jpg

twc news report link

Wow, that is just nasty damage. Tordnados are not that common in your area are they, Tom? Very glad you are ok and the lady will recover. Weather guessers say we are in for storms this week--central Minn.

Tom, Glad to here you and family are OK. Did it produce any rain or hail ? Did it come close to the town? Jerry from Ohio

Tom, glad to hear your family is ok, that's a heck of a way to get some rain.

Yes there was two people hurt enough to require some medical attention, one was only taken to the hospital though and she was kept over night for testing to see if she had neck and or brain injury's but lucky enough she was ok other than a few stitches ect she was thrown out of the house she was in over 100' away,, its the pic with the school bus in it
cnt

Tom, glad to hear your family is ok, that's a heck of a way to get some rain.

Wow Tom, that's a little too close for comfort. Good to hear there were no serious injuries or deaths. Did you hear the diesel locomotive sound? Don

Thanks Dan,, the national weather service says now we actually got four tornadoes, the one that hit close to me had the slowest winds, claiming 93 mph but I am not sure those speeds can roll a car and pickup the way it did,, the biggest they say was a EF-3 136 mph, what ever it was that hit my building was not a wall of wind or it would have taken the whole roof, I will take the rain though how ever this year lol
cnt
a269584.jpg

We had a tornado here about 20 years ago, 30 miles north, ruined the 1 man farm,and all 100 head of fat cattle,the only one that survived are the one's that got dropped in a mud slough. It twisted off a cribbed elevator on his farm about shoulder high,like a twisted off bolt. Glad you'r ok Case Nutty.

Wow, glad nobody got hurt. We had a few up our way from the same storm only it was between 3 or 4 pm. Nothing that did any damage that I'm aware of but was a bit of hail in spots as well. Rain was really spotty, could have an inch and a mile or so down the road barely settle the dust. My wife got this from our porch, was about 10 or so miles as the crow flies. I was at work less than a mile away from it.
a269621.jpg

Rod we have them for sure,, we have not had many that caused this kind of damage often though, a few years back in 2005 we had one hit south of Gillette in Wright that killed two people it was a EF-2, not sure if you seen my update on these but we had four of them not two like first reported
cnt

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back