Update 1/16 scale 8358 plow.

Adirondack case guy

I won't get into the problems that plagued me with a new Weller soldering gun which I used a lot of curse words on until fire flew out of it 2 days ago. It went back to the "helpful hdw man", and I am awaiting a new gas fired precision soldering torch.
Anyway, here are some pictures taken this evening. It is coming along. I am not real pleased with the tail wheel linkage. It is a bit big looking, but I had nothing better to make it from.
The plow will raise and lower, The bottoms trip, and the front draft beam will shift left to right duplicating the function of the 3x10" landing cylinder between the main beam and the draft beam. Hopefully tomorrow I will get the parts made for front pivot tower where the plow hooks to the tractor. My new soldering torch will not be here until tomorrow afternoon.
Loren
cvphoto5954.jpg

cvphoto5955.jpg

cvphoto5956.jpg

cvphoto5957.jpg

My comments don't mean much but, it sure looks good from here, and yes I know the problems you had with it! Bet its cause the barley bill to go up!

Loren, if you'll e-mail me a shipping address I have a Christmas present for you. It's yard-sale fodder and I can't think of anyone else who needs it or would/could use it. Of course you won't see it until January sometime 'cus I'm not going to the post office again 'till after the mewling masses are gone!

Looks awesome!

If you can find it, there is a Radio Shack soldering outfit where you can adjust the temperature. I believe it went to 60 watts and you can adjust the temp up to 850 degrees. I used to be big into R/C cars and the only way to build battery packs was with that outfit. I think I paid around $100 for mine some 10 years ago but it was a good purchase. I still have it today and have found it very useful compared to a gun for most projects.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back