Update On My Wife's Condition

Anonymous-0

Sherry wasn't feeling well on Monday, but she insisted on NOT going to the ER...so we waited until her doc's office opened Tuesday morning. Main complaint was shortness of breath, but no complaint at all about any chest pains.
This morning, she's still in the hospital. They took her there by ambulance from the doc's office Tuesday. Major diagnosis is that, sometime over the weekend--possibly Sunday evening/night--she suffered a "mild" heart attack. Docs have determined by now that there's no problem with blood clots...but while she was in the ER, her blood pressure rose significantly, enough that she suffered some kidney impairment that was measurably better by yesterday.

And of course since the ambulance personnel gave her prednisone, her blood sugars went through the roof, and it was only around lunchtime yesterday that they got 'em back down into the normal range. [Any diabetics out there will already know how steriods play he11 with your blood sugar levels.] Cardiologist has been the best source of information on her condition--I've ony gotten bits and pieces from the others.

Her cardiologist says that since the kidneys have bounced back, they're gonna wait and see if they completely recover or not before deciding what direction to go in that regard. Biggest thing now is, she's still a little short of breath; but the cardiologist says that's probably related to a problem in blood flow, rather than fluid on the lungs [a little remains, but it's not that significant now, in his view].

So the cardiologist says that, since her 2 stnts are now 10 years old, and her grafts from her quadruple bypass are 15 years old, he'd like to do a cardiac catheter and check 'em out...but he'd prefer her to get a little healthier and a little more stabilized before they go that route. She's still on oxygen, as her O2 saturation numbers drop off dramatically when she's not..including the short time when she's taking her meds [crushed, because her gag reflex kicks in if she tries to simply swallow them]. So I'm oretty sure she's now become a nonsmoker; with the oxygen, she has no choice.

So if you will, I'd appreciate a few prayers on Sherry's behalf. She's had a few bad days in a row [but at least she's improving daily now], and I know that prayer works. Thanks in advance.
And thanks to all who have responded previously. We appreciate all your prayers and good wishes.

Hope everything continues to improve---Your wife may be a candidate for Home Healthcare--they would come in for a short period of time and keep a closer eye on her blood pressure, oxygen and blood sugar.and would be able to provide teaching on everything going on. they communicate with her doctor if something comes up and most companies have a 24 hr call service if you have issues. they could also help after a heart cath with physical therapy. it is an option you may want to ask the doctor about until your wife is out of the woods...depends on insurance or medicare if you have to pay anything. but it is a helpful service. God Bless and keep watch over you.

I love the old IH trucks, pure and simple. My family was IH through and through. Besides the '52 L-110 parts/service truck at the garage, their flatbed was a '44 [yup...war surplus] K-5 1-1/2 ton with a 14' flat and "loading boards," with a huge old Tulsa winch.

When I was a kid, our "family car" was a '62 Travelall station wagon. Pap had a '51 L-110 panel, an ex-bakery delivery truck, that he had leased to the post office as a parcel delivery truck, that we later used as a "support" vehicle to carry our camping gear. Pap also owned a '61 C-100 pickup with the 266 V8 and three-on-the-tree, and when he died in '91 he still had his '67 1200 pickup.

And my first truck was a '46 K2-L [light GVW version]. So I guess I've had just a little experience dealing with them over the years.

Your wife and yourself are in my prayers
She will recover she's not done with you yet Buzzman ! Hang in there and Please keep us all updated.
God Bless you both
Tony

My wife was diabetic. That's something you have to stay on top of. It can complicate any other illness. Hope all works out well for you.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back